Experience something Brilliantly Different with a career with MUFG Investor Services.
Who are we? In a nutshell, MUFG Investor Services is part of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group family, and we partner with over 480 loyal global investment firms to provide them with administration, asset services, banking, and fund financing.
We’re in 14 global locations and provide an exceptional hub of Brilliantly Different talent to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join a newly formed team and work on an exciting new strategic project to create a common data platform for the organization.
You will work closely with Product Owners, Architecture, Data Science, QA and Release Management to develop data products directly impacting the business through increased operational efficiency and generated revenue. The position requires you to collaborate on requirements, produce appropriate solution designs, generate development tasks, and work with the team to implement the solution.
To apply for this role, in addition to having a proven technical background you must also have experience and track-record of working on enterprise-level applications. You will be joining a large team of diverse skills and experience and the job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and can independently deliver results.
- Ingest from multiple sources and develop data processing pipelines
- Automate test and deployment of your infrastructure
- Work closely with business analysts, data engineers and product owners to gain deeper understanding of business processes and data requirements
- Define and manage meta-data standards, data mappings and the data dictionary
- Define data quality rules, validation checks and automated cleansing methods for data pipelines
- Use data engineering and devops techniques on large datasets to gain business insight.
- Implement and test business logic, transformations and calculations to support data pipelines
- 3+ years experience with Python and Spark
- 3+ years experience working with AWS and serverless technologies
- Proficiency with data lake related technologies like Apache Hudi, Apache Iceberg or Databricks Delta Lake
- Experience using DevOps and automation techniques (CICD, infrastructure-as-code, monitoring tools)
- Proficiency in test automation (TDD, unit tests, Deequ will be considered an advantage)
- 3+ years experience with data-related process controls, data mapping, and ETL processes and tools
- 3+ years experience working with relational databases
- Well-developed analytical skills, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
What’s in it for you to join MUFG Investor Services?
Take a look at our careers site and you’ll find everything you’d expect from a career with the fastest-growing business at one of the world’s largest financial groups. Now take another look. Because it’s how we defy expectations that really defines us.
You’ll feel that difference in all kinds of ways. Our vibrant CULTURE. Connected team. Love of innovation, laser client focus, and next-level LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT. Oh, and we really walk the talk when it comes to HYBRID WORKING.
So, why settle for the ordinary? Apply now for a Brilliantly Different career.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.