Are you looking for an opportunity to jump-start your career in a thriving tech industry? Join us at Montevideo Labs | A Blend 360 Company to grow our business and execute our mission to help organizations leverage data and technology to make better decisions. With over 10 years of experience in the field of big data, top US customers such as Mastercard, Tripadvisor, and Roku choose us to develop innovative products.
What is this position about?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to embark on a DataBricks project that includes migrating a warehouse to a data lake. This project offers exposure to state-of-the-art technologies and is part of a dynamic portfolio with multiple concurrent projects. You will be responsible for orchestrating the seamless flow of information into the client’s data lake.
You may work 100% remotely if you are currently living in LATAM, or you can always join us at the office!
What will I be doing?
- Designing, developing, and implementing data integrations with diverse platforms, using PySpark as the primary tool, to efficiently store data in a Databricks data lake.
- Working in an environment where several projects run concurrently, requiring you to manage and prioritize effectively.
- Overseeing multiple data integration processes each day, ensuring their reliability and efficiency.
- Conducting research and assessment of third-party tools and technologies to determine the most optimal integration methods, ensuring compatibility with our data ecosystem.
- Maintaining meticulous documentation of integration processes, ensuring that it remains organized, up-to-date, and readily accessible to the team.
- Collaborating closely with business units and cross-functional teams to elicit integration requirements, understand the broader business context, and plan and prioritize implementation activities accordingly.
- Proactively identifying potential issues and blockers in the integration process, working collaboratively with stakeholders to devise innovative solutions and promptly communicate these to leadership.
- Developing and executing unit tests to validate the accuracy and efficiency of data migrations or new data ingestions.
What expertise do I need?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Proficiency with Python, with a strong focus on data processing using PySpark and Pandas.
- Strong background with data centric products such as Databricks.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing ETL processes.
- Knowledge of AWS services and cloud computing concepts is highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of PostgreSQL and hands-on experience in managing PostgreSQL databases.
- Skills with Terraform are a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker containerization technology is a plus.
- Experience working with remote, multicultural teams desired.
What about languages?
Excellent written and verbal English for clear and effective communication is a must!
How much experience must I have?
We're looking for someone with 3+ years experience as a Data Engineer, effectively delivering intricate projects.
Our perks and benefits:
🍔Every day lunches! (headquarters)
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten and sugar free options.
- Gourmet meals every Friday with our on-site chef!
⚖️ Flexible working options to help you strike the right balance.
👨🏽💻 All the equipment you need to harness your talent (Macbook and accessories).
☕Snacks and beverages available everyday (headquarters).
🎮After office events, football, tennis and game nights (headquarters).
- Everyone is welcome to join our football league every Wednesday’s and Friday’s.
- Challenge your teammates to a pool game and win the office’s trophy!
- Tennis courts available for friendly matches.
- You are not a sports person? Don’t worry, we also have chess championships, game and music nights for you to join!
📚 Learning opportunities:
- AWS Certifications (we are AWS Partners).
- Study plans, courses and other certifications.
- English Lessons.
- Learn from your teammates on our Tech Tuesdays!
👩🏫 Mentoring and Development opportunities to shape your career path.
🎁 Anniversary and birthday gifts.
🏡 Great location and even greater teammates!
So what are the next steps?
Our team is eager to learn about you! Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile below and we’ll explore working together!
The team at Montevideo Labs
Ask the team:
"Working at Montevideo Labs means having challenges and opportunities for both professional and personal growth in an environment where you can feel comfortable and surrounded by people who want to help and empower each other".
Software Engineer at Roku