Head OF Data Science & Analytics
Sep 13, 2023
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WHAT WE DO | Mondia Pay is a rapidly growing FinTech company, disrupting the payment business across 60+ countries globally, with a strong focus on Africa & emerging markets. Our talented teams create tech that connects brands to people via meaningful content that impacts their lives in positive ways.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT | What makes us a leader in our industry, and different from other international digital tech companies, is our ability to tailor or custom create our offering to solve business challenges.
WHERE YOU FIT IN | We aim to build an inspiring organisation with an engaged and high-performing culture. We believe in possibilities. We connect to the future. Think unlimited digital potential, global reach, limitless content, unreal experiences, real connections…now imagine the direct impact you could have in this landscape. If you are eager to work in an inspiring, dynamic environment and collaborate with like-minded people, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mondia is seeking a Head of Data & Analytics to lead a talented data team to deliver transformational customer insights that drive marketing, content and product strategy. As the Head of Data & Analytics at Mondia, you will have the opportunity to work with a huge and rapidly growing data set generated by digital products and services with a charter to uncover insights that produce step-function growth in the Mondia Subscription base. You will develop people, form strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders, plan and execute analytical roadmaps, formulate analytical strategies for solving business problems, and develop strategies to scale the impact of data through development of self-service analytical programs.
This role requires an individual with exceptionally strong quantitative modelling skills and experience using statistical methods to produce actionable customer insights. The successful candidate will be a proven analytics leader who is comfortable with complex data, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Leadership and management of a global Data Science/Analytics team of up to 10 members.
· Study and help maximize the company’s current data requirements, quality and maturity level.
· Partner with senior business and technology leaders to develop data-driven business strategies and forecast commercial performance, product mix expectations, and promotional program impact using industry leading methodologies.
· Deliver insights to help shape strategy across a wide spectrum of business and technology of different Mondia verticals like MondiaPay, Entertainment, Health and Lifestyle.
· Lead research and development of foundational business enablers, including acquisition and lifecycle stage propensity
models, customer segmentation models, experimentation metrics, marketing attribution models, and forecast and lift models.
· Oversee planning and execution of self-service analytics data infrastructure roadmap.
· Establish a data warehouse strategy to provide consistent, clean, and integrated data to enable user-generated reporting and self-help.
· Lead our Data Engineering team to build requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient advance analysis and reporting.
· Provide guidance and thought leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners.
· Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
· Effectively establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for Mondia data policies, standards, and practices, both at the department and functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection.
· Work with various department analyst teams to build and maintain business performance dashboards and reports to improve decisions, optimize processes and plans, and work proactively.
The ideal candidate will have superb analytical, technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with business and technology leaders to define and prioritize key business questions, build data acquisition processes, data sets, statistical models and analyses that answer those questions.
Other qualifications include:
· MS degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Mining, or other quantitative fields.
· 10+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science Business Intelligence or other quantitative disciplines and a degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
· 5+ years of analytical people management experience
· Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems
· Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex data problems
· Proficiency using SQL to query large relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to extract & integrate data from various sources
· Experience working with AWS, Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark or other Big Data technologies
· Experience with statistical analytics tools such as R, Python, SAS, or STATA
· Exceptional critical thinking, attention to detail and obsessed with data quality and integrity
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis
- Medical and Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- Cooperation in a highly motivated, young, international team spread across 3 continents
- An attractive location in a creative and modern office in Dubai Media City.