Moloco is a machine learning company empowering organizations of all sizes to grow and unlock the full value of their unique first-party data, elevating the traditional path to performance advertising. While the largest technology companies have proven the speed and scale of ad-targeting utilizing data— the same robust performance powered by machine learning has previously been unavailable beyond their platforms.
That's where Moloco steps in. With Moloco's powerful combination of cutting-edge machine learning technologies, we play a unique and visible role in shaping the digital economy, all while allowing companies to stay independent and scale.
An industry leader at the nexus of machine learning, performance marketing, and visionary product infrastructure, Moloco is advancing the advertising technology industry. We ranked #95 in the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies for 2022. We ranked #91 among Deloitte’s 2021 Fast 500 and have been certified by 91% of the company via Great Places to Work. Check us out on Glassdoor and be sure to get an inside look at working at Moloco on Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.
Moloco is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, London, Berlin, Seoul, Singapore, Beijing, Gurgaon, and Tokyo.
Creating a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion and belonging is core to our existence. To reach our goals, diversity of talent and thought is a critical component to how we operate as an organization. Our workforce is our superpower, and we know that fostering a culture of inclusion, authenticity, and belonging will allow us the greatest opportunity to carry out our mission -- to empower businesses of all sizes to grow through operational machine learning.
Moloco is a truly rewarding place to work and in an exciting period of growth, which you could be a part of. Join us today and apply now!
Expression of Interest: We are always interested to hear from talented professionals who are thinking about their next move or looking for a new opportunity to join our expanding talent pool.
Interested? Start your journey with Moloco by submitting your resume for future consideration. If this position becomes available in the future, we will contact you first.
The Impact You’ll Be Contributing to Moloco:
- Data Science and Analytics (DSA) is a global team of data scientists and analysts. As a Growth Data Scientist, you will provide data products, e.g. raw data, campaign facts, and growth insights to help customers improve campaign performance and maximize their business goals with Moloco.
Moloco Growth Data Scientist contributes in the following areas, all while working cross-functionally to help meet our client’s needs and advance our machine learning models.
Data Analysis: data gathering, analysis, and effective communication of presentations and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for creating custom visual displays of quantitative information through writing queries, and scripts, and developing automated reports and dashboards to provide insights at scale.
Data validation: verifying the data we obtain from ad exchanges and mobile-app tracking solutions to confirm our campaign models are trained with the most accurate engagement data.
Campaign optimization: engaging in the life cycle of campaigns, from monitoring daily performance to partnering with sales teams on bespoke analysis for clients.
Business Collaboration: collaborate with key stakeholders to help Moloco focus on decisions that improve our products and services, with a focus on client growth.
How Do I Know if the Role is Right For Me?
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g., Python, SQL).
- Statistics: must have strong knowledge and experience in experimental design, hypothesis testing, and various statistical analyses such as regression or time-series analysis.
- Programming: experience in Python and SQL is required.
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritizing work based on business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present information and analysis results effectively to technical and less technical stakeholders (including Moloco end clients).
- Ability to build positive relationships within the data science & analytics community, as well as with our business stakeholders and clients.,
- Work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural partners.
- Have an interest in data, metrics, analysis, and trends from the mindset of helping a customer-centric business. Know when to apply statistical measurement vs 80-20 analysis for business growth.
- Fluent in speaking and writing both Korean and English.
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while paying attention to detail.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, good at articulating product and business questions, pulling data from large datasets, and using statistics to arrive at a recommendation.
- Proven ability to own projects end-to-end, even when you have to get creative: you do more than complete delegated tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Ability to seek out new business questions and effectively scope projects to support client growth, re-engagement, and overall campaign strategy and performance.
Moloco Thrive: Benefits and Well-Being:
We take care of you and create the conditions for you to do the best work of your career. Through a lens of Inclusion, we offer innovative benefits which empower our employees to take care of themselves and their families so they can do the best work of their lives. For an overview of our global benefits, click here.
Lead with Humility: Everyone’s voice is respected, valued, and heard. With humility, we become more open and accessible to each other. We win, lose, and learn together. Accountability and feedback are essential to our success.
Uncapped Growth Mindset: We see all situations as opportunities to learn, grow, and improve as individuals and as an organization. We seek diverse perspectives, encourage curiosity, and promote experimentation to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Create Real Value: We pursue the most impactful opportunities with rigor and integrity. We take intelligent risks and make disciplined trade-offs to maintain deep focus. We help our customers win by delivering durable value.
Go Further Together: We’re one team working towards one mission and vision. We collaborate proactively and inclusively, involving the right people at the right time and in the right way. We strive to create a more equitable workplace. We won’t let each other fail.
Moloco is an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender, gender expression and gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.