Mimecast are seeking a Data Engineer with expertise in data integration, data manipulation and data presentation. This role exists within our internally facing Corporate Data Management function. The successful candidate must prove their ability to deliver on work items and projects in a fast paced business environment.
Outstanding technical skills should be paired with excellent communications skills as the role involves working closely with our business partners. You will be working as part of a dynamic team, delivering best-in-class data capabilities using variety of cloud based data platforms and tools. Our focus is primarily on delivering and supporting a scalable, performant and robust data platform that is utilised by our in house business partners. Given the nature of the role our modern technology focus is on Boomi, AWS, Snowflake and DBT.
• Identify and develop innovative integration solutions to integrate business systems such as; Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo using Boomi (formerly known as Dell Boomi)
• Collaborate with and support the development activities of both the Data Engineers and their internal customers.
• Design and create tables, views, partitions, stored procedures, functions and other database objects.
• Build data integrations and data projects to support the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data into our datalake and datawarehouse.
• Build Boomi integrations (including scripting) to facilitate the flow of data between internal systems.
• Document projects, processes and procedures for development and workflow needs.
• Ensure that the data lifecycle is upheld for active, inactive, and restored Databases
• Evaluate technology and techniques to implement and maintain databases and database environment.
• Collaborate with the development team and leadership to assist and deliver on an array of projects.
• Support the transition from SQL Server to Snowflake, DBT and other adjacent cloud based technologies.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills.
• A positive, collaborative, can-do attitude.
• Significant experience in Boomi integration development.
• Recent development experience working with SQL Server 2016 onward or similar Database technologies.
• The ability to work with the ensuring adherence to best practices and abiding by the coding standards.
• The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Snowflake and DBT is beneficial.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with data integration and manipulation tools.
• A bachelors degree in a related field is beneficial
We’re fast thinking. We go big to reach our cyberattack-disrupting goals. And we do what we need to protect the world of business from getting important (and potentially compromising) data stolen. We never leave anyone behind. We deliver quickly – and outstandingly. We’re big on honesty because it makes us better. We’re empowered by our mission. And if cybercriminals have a good day, we work twice as hard to make the rest of their days a nightmare. That’s The Mimecast Way.
And the Mimecast way is also a hybrid-working way. We empower our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team, and our stakeholders.
Become a Mimecaster and put corporate data under your protection. Fill our teams with respect. And bring cybercrime-obstructing energy to your work. Be passionate. Be powerful. Be alive with purpose.
Cybersecurity is a community effort. That’s why we’re committed to building an inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone – unless they’re a cybercriminal, of course.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and we’d encourage you to join us whatever your background. We particularly welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We consider everyone equally: your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, marital status, nationality, or any other protected characteristic won’t affect your application.
Due to certain obligations to our customers, an offer of employment will be subject to your successful completion of applicable background checks, conducted in accordance with local law.