We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Manager, Data Engineering
Manager, Data Engineering- Data & Services
As a Manager of Data Engineering, you will be developing new services and data pipelines for the success of the commercial technology integration of Dynamic Yield with Mastercard Data & Services and other Mastercard products!
Dynamic Yield is the newest addition to Mastercard’s existing suite of services. It is a state-of-the-art software-as-a-service (SaaS) personalization platform and decision engine company that helps businesses deliver digital customer experiences that are personalized, optimized, and synchronized across any touchpoints.
You will play a significant role in designing, developing, and commercializing new services focused on product synergies across MA data and Services and the Dynamic yield products. These synergies will help businesses of all sizes deliver individualized product recommendations, offers, and content based on a range of factors, including past purchases, page views, time of day, current store traffic, and trending products – all in real time to their customers.
As an international business, the software capabilities you design for Mastercard will operate at a massive scale requiring a focus on performance, security, and reliability.
• Develop an overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As a recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design, and implementation of technical solutions
• Manage, coach, and develop a cross-functional engineering team.
• Provide strategic technical and product direction for applications, architectures, and software development processes.
• Design and develop new, complex technical products from inception to release.
• Partner with product development on the product roadmap, scoping features, and planning releases.
• Collaborate across teams and business units to solve complex problems.
• Lead goal setting and accountability practices within the engineering team.
• Be a strong individual contributor to the implementation efforts of data engineering solutions.
• Keep senior stakeholders informed of progress and incorporate input into technical decisions.
• Identify short term and long-term engineering needs to scale platform solutions to meet customer demand.
• Coach your team on Agile practices, including Daily Scrums, retrospectives, planning, and grooming sessions, to operate and thrive as a high-performing team.
• Ensure that systems your team creates comply with Mastercard engineering best practices and governance models, including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You:
• You have demonstrated experience leading & managing software and data engineers working in a cross-functional, Agile software development lifecycle practice.
• High proficiency in using Python, Spark, Hadoop platforms & tools (Hive, Impala, Airflow, NiFi, Scoop), SQL to build Big Data products & platforms.
• You have experience using Big Data storage technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Apache Nifi and delivering solutions that leverage them on a global scale.
• Experience in building and deploying production-level data-driven applications and data processing workflows/pipelines at scale.
• You have a strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to software and data engineers.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and doing the right thing.
• You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
• You have the ability to be self-started, quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks, and tools and support multiple concurrent activities, and interface with external/internal resources, working as a member of a matrix-based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact reasonable_[email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
In line with Mastercard’s total compensation philosophy and assuming that the job will be performed in the US, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive base salary based on location, experience and other qualifications for the role and may be eligible for an annual bonus or commissions depending on the role. Mastercard benefits for full time (and certain part time) employees generally include: insurance (including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, disability, life insurance), flexible spending account and health savings account, paid leaves (including 16 weeks new parent leave, up to 20 paid days bereavement leave), 10 annual paid sick days, 10 or more annual paid vacation days based on level, 5 personal days, 10 annual paid U.S. observed holidays, 401k with a best-in-class company match, deferred compensation for eligible roles, fitness reimbursement or on-site fitness facilities, eligibility for tuition reimbursement, gender-inclusive benefits and many more.
Arlington, Virginia: $159,000 - $254,000 USD