Who we are:
Makpar is a team of innovators and consultants deploying cutting edge technologies for the federal government. We help our clients achieve their business and operational goals by solving complex problems through experience and intellect and build sustainable solutions that last. If you are driven and looking to tackle complex and critical client challenges, Makpar can provide a dynamic, mission focused, and rewarding environment for your professional growth.
Our service offerings include Cybersecurity, Cloud Migration, IT Project Management, Agile Transformation, DevSecOps, Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM), and Health IT. We are proud to be a Great Place to Work™ certified four years in a row. Recent awards include Fortune Top 100 Small Place to Work, Inc 5000, and Inc Best in Business. In 2019, we were awarded the SBA Subcontractor of the Year Award (Region 3) for our program management and Agile development work at the IRS.
Makpar is seeking a skilled and motivated Chatbot Developer to join our dynamic team working on solutions that improve customer experience. AI technology plays a critical role in providing automated help desk support for end users while reducing manual labor and cost for government agencies. The candidate will work with an Agile team to support the design, development, and implementation of a continuous improvement process for the ServiceNow Virtual Agent solution. The role requires a deep understanding of both federal standards and ServiceNow capabilities to ensure a seamless and compliant integration into the enterprise environment.
Role Specific Duties:
- This role will assist the product owner with the technical knowledge around the ServiceNow platform and will lead and provide direction to the services partner in the day-to-day activities with the Virtual Agent and related platform functionalities.
- Will assist the functional process owners with any technical assistance required on ServiceNow
- Develop and implement AI-based data-driven solutions that enable efficient data storage, retrieval, transformation, and integration for the Service Now platform.
- Ensure the solution aligns with federal standards for security, usability, and reliability.
- Collaborate with the Systems Analyst to incorporate feedback and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Agile development teams to support iterative development cycles and ensure timely delivery of data-related features and functionalities.
- Implement, test, and refine workflows and functionalities within the ServiceNow environment based on the designs of the Systems Architect.
- Determine best practices for integrations, workflows, and functionalities within ServiceNow.
- Provide periodic updates to manager and leadership on the tasks and projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 7+ years of hands-on application development using all phases of SDLC.
- 2+ years of development with AI/ML technologies related to Chatbot capabilities (e.g., Natural Language Processing (NLP), Intents, Conversational chats, etc.)
- Implementation experience with ServiceNow in a federal environment, preferably the Intelligence Automation component of ServiceNow.
- Experience with federal data lakes, data warehouses, data mesh concepts, ETL processes, and API connections.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience working in Agile environments and familiarity with related tools (e.g., JIRA) is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a user-centric mindset.
- Experience in projects related to government services, customer experience, or financial services is a plus.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years and be Federal Tax compliant.
At Makpar Corporation we understand that we all need to balance work and life – that is why we have a great benefits package, excellent training and career development opportunities, flexible work schedules along with a generous compensation package. At Makpar, we believe in keeping our employees happy, healthy and engaged. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding benefits, creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, collaborate, and be inquisitive in order to achieve goals.
Start your career today and be a part of something meaningful!
Makpar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.