Intern, Battery Cell Modeling, Data Science Engineer, Summer 2024
Sep 16, 2023
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Engineering Intern to undertake well-scoped cell modeling and data science projects relating to the processing, visualizing, and drawing of insights from battery cell data sets. These positions benefit from a knowledge of lithium-ion batteries as well as a strong background in analyzing real-world data sets. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches her or his work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to performance improvements of Lucid vehicles
- Work closely with Cell Team members to develop experiments, analyze electrochemical datasets, and produce data-driven insights
- Contribute to special prototype R&D projects
- Attend regular group and 1-1 meetings to present progress updates
- Clearly document work progress and conclusions
- Experience reviewing and processing large experimental/electrochemical data sets
- High level of mathematical and data analysis capabilities
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple tests, and great documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with taking ownership of projects
- Field(s) of study: Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Math, Physics, Chemistry, and other related fields.
- Will consider undergrads Junior level or above Pursuing Bachelor’s or master's degree
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
Nice to have:
- Experience using Python, AWS, Spark, ML, cell modeling (P2D,SPM), Matlab/Simulink, or general engineering background with proficient coding/cloud skills
- Timing: May-August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S. employment authorization.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs. #LI-DNI
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.