Who we are
Liminal is a boutique strategy advisory firm serving digital identity, fintech, and cybersecurity clients, and the private equity and venture capital community. Since 2016, our team has offered objective, high impact strategic advice, and analytical services, helping to support clients in crucial business decisions at all stages of the product and business lifecycle. We’ve advised many of the world’s most innovative business leaders, investors, and government officials on building, buying, and investing in the next generation of integrated digital identity platforms and technologies. As a result, our clients trust us to set strategic direction in light of radically evolving ecosystem dynamics, pursue new growth strategies, capitalize on M&A opportunities, and optimize deal flow. We see the solutions to these complex digital challenges not as a ‘what’ but as a ‘how.’ We don’t just tell you about the destination, we show you how to get there.
What we do
Every day, billions of interactions track the identity of people, entities, and things. Digital identity is the hidden fabric enabling the seamless exchange of trusted information at the scale and speed required by global enterprises. As the linchpin to digital transformation, digital identity is a must-have for building consumer trust and for doing business now and in the future. Every major company in the world has started focusing on the next generation of digital identity technologies as a necessity for continued growth and security. Our team works with a myriad of organizations, from Fortune 100s to startups, across industries including financial services, technology, telecommunications, and the P2P economy. We know that it’s in the sharing of discovery and insights that groundwork is laid, problems are solved, and entire sectors advance at the speed of light. At Liminal, we don't just respond to the market; we define it.
What you'll do:
As our Data Analyst for Quantitative Market Models, you will be the owner and enabler of our market data foundations that guide the predictive nature of our category-defining market intelligence product, Link. You will lead the transformation of our existing siloed internal models and data sources into a unified, tech-enabled quantitative data modeling platform to enable internal and external customers. Reporting to the Product Manager, this role will be central to our efforts in enhancing Link, and will work closely with our Data Engineer and Data Scientist to ensure seamless integration of our product features.
- Strategy Partner: Forge strong connections with various teams to extract business objectives and pinpoint essential data for market sizing evaluations.
- Data Architect: Architect, execute, and maintain a comprehensive data collection and organization infrastructure to underpin market sizing and competitive landscape analyses.
- External Data Scout: Take the lead in identifying and harnessing external data sources that can enhance or empower our market sizing models
- Data Crafting: Refine and evolve data collection protocols to ensure the precision, relevance, and promptness of the data repository.
- Data Quality Advocate: In close concert with the Data Science team, channel structured data into market sizing models, upholding the highest standards of data fidelity and integrity.
- Narrative Storyteller: Communicate intricate data compilations into digestible, actionable intelligence suitable for a lay audience.
- Market Sentinel: Monitor sector tendencies, fiscal shifts, and competitive movements to evaluate their bearing on market dimensions and organizational tactics.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field and minimum 2 years of experience in data analysis or quantitative analysis roles
- Proficient in statistical and quantitative analytics, from early data exploration to production datasets, using R, Python, SQL, or other data analysis tools
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Mixpanel, or Microsoft Power BI
- Proven ability to work with complex datasets, including data cleansing, data transformation, and data integration
- Strong understanding of market modeling techniques and quantitative methodologies
- Ability to grasp complex business challenges, converting them into analytical problems, and providing actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting complex data-driven insights in a clear and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and drive results through influence
- Quick learner, able to understand and get up to speed with new data sets and modeling methodologies promptly
- Experience working with cloud platforms and open-source data pipeline frameworks
- Experience in transforming manual research methods into automated data pipelines