Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Business Strategy team in Auckland. You will be instrumental in delivering exceptional reporting and insights - necessary for everything we do from tactical operational decisions to board-level presentations.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will responsible for building new and using Lightspeed’s existing data assets to generate insights and monitor our business, performance and customers, while also improving data literacy across the global Retail team. You will understand disparate data systems, company and business processes, and troubleshoot data anomalies. Working with multiple stakeholders across different business units, you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with stakeholders to build datasets, reports, dashboards and analysis that can be used in a self-serve capacity for operational and strategic objectives
- Work with stakeholders to draw out business insights from analytical output, derive business recommendations, and present them through compelling data stories and visualisations
- Educate stakeholders on how to use available dashboards and reports, and build data literacy across the Retail business
- Develop, maintain and support BI dashboards/reports
- Perform data reconciliation and manipulation tasks and identify opportunities for process improvement
And a little bit of....
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role.
What you need to bring:
We’re a small team of located in Auckland. We're looking for a Senior candidate who has experience with the following:
- At least 5 years experience within a commercial and analytical environment
- Solid experience in working in data rich environments and presenting insights to non-technical audiences
- Experience in manipulating and extracting information and transforming/visualising findings
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Experience with SQL and Data Warehouses
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Good relationship building skills to work with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Advanced knowledge of Looker or other BI tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.