Assisant Global Product Data Manager - organic RMs (m/w/d)
Sep 10, 2023
LGC Standards is a division of LGC Group, the UK’s designated National Measurement Institute for chemical and bioanalytical measurements. We are a leading global manufacturer and service provider of quality assurance and research tools, supporting analytical needs in more than 120 countries worldwide. We use our expertise to produce to the highest standards, including ranges produced under ISO/IEC 17025 and accredited to ISO 17034.
Our wide range of reference materials and proficiency testing schemes is complemented by our experience in outsourcing and customs, enabling us to adapt quickly to provide tailored solutions that meet our customers’ analytical needs. We innovate and apply science in order to ensure the safety and integrity of products and services, in line with our vision of science for a safer world.
The portfolio data management team within LGC standards provides and manages accurate, comprehensive and consistent product data across the whole LGC Standards portfolio to ensure discoverability and transactability of the products and allow a thorough portfolio analysis to generate insights to feed into marketing campaigns and future product developments. As part of this global team you will collaborate in managing the product data flow for our own brand organic materials and identifying and closing data gaps for the organic reference material portfolio.
- Work with enterprise data management team, production sites and other product data managers in the team to establish and maintain an aligned process to ensure all own produced organic reference materials in remit are properly set up for sale in a timely manner and are updated as required
- Ensure discoverability of own brand organic RMs in remit on internal and external platforms in order to activate in market
- Identification, analysis, and optimization of data workflows through entire life cycle of products.
- Support segmentation of portfolio by identifying, assigning and maintaining appropriate product attributes that will help to improve communication to customers as well as portfolio analysis to generate insights feeding into marketing strategies and future product development
- Coordinate with business analytics teams to ensure accuracy and consistence of data across systems & platforms and identify insights, including competitor portfolio insights
- Assist in analysis of portfolio performance vs e.g., product attributes, portfolio overlaps, customer segments
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in chemistry or a related science
- Experience in extracting, analysing and reporting on business data to support strategic decision making, ideally in a commercial environment
- Demonstrable ability to collate and analyse a large data volume and communicate outcomes
- A thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office suite with high level of excel skills and familiarity with data analysis tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI or similar reporting and dashboard creation
- Ability to write basic SQL queries to extract data for analysis and knowledge of Phython + R are a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and fluency in English, speaking German is a plus
LGC is a leading, global life science tools company, providing mission-critical components and solutions into high-growth application areas across the human healthcare and applied market segments. Its high-quality product portfolio is comprised of mission-critical tools for genomic analysis and for quality assurance applications, which are typically embedded and recurring within our customers’ products and workflows and are valued for their performance, quality, and range.
LGC strongly believes that every job applicant and employee should be valued for their individual talents regardless of age, disability, race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Short listing, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or trade union membership.
For more information about LGC, please visit our website www.lgcgroup.com