Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
We now have an amazing opportunity, which we're really excited about here at Legal & General, titled Data Science Platform Engineer which is a critical role within the DataOps function of the Group and will be responsible for defining & communicating L&G retail technical and engineering vision across projects & portfolios to help ensure Data Science Platforms under development are fit for their intended purpose. The role will be responsible for aligning the platform eco-system and solutions to a shared technical direction.
During our selection process, we'll be looking for the following experience, knowledge and capabilities;
- Experience bridging the gap between Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Architects, DevOPs and Cloud Engineers
- Experience of designing, implementing, and maintaining continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for machine learning applications
- Azure Cloud Certifications or equivalent qualification desirable, or relevant industry experience.
- Data Science or Machine Learning Engineering skills
- Good understanding and skills in Data Science eco-system including data engineering
- Knowledge of Posit and Alteryx
- Good Cloud Infrastructure skills and an understanding of how to build Data Science platforms within Azure Cloud
- Good understanding of data engineering and data ecosystems
- Good understanding of data cleansing, data preparation, data processing
- Programming languages and techniques for visualising data
- Experience of designing and implementing machine learning model engineering frameworks, solutions and best practices
- CI / CD pipelines, manage the deployment and version management of data science models (GitHub Actions and Azure DevOps)
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.