Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
Kraken is looking for an experienced Machine Learning engineer to join our AI/ML Team in the centralized Data organization. In this role you will be applying cutting edge AI/ML technology to solving the most complex and exciting problems in the quickly growing and evolving crypto industry. We are looking for an extremely strong communicator and team-player, who is able to break down large complex problems into smaller more manageable problems-to-solve. You will take initiative to identify business problems, explore different ways to resolve issues, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to deliver business impact.
- Design, implement and deploy Machine Learning solutions to solve complex problems and deliver real business value ie. revenue, engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with data scientists, software engineers and business partners to identify AI/ML opportunities for improving operation scalability and efficiency.
- Develop production-grade ML models to power personalized customer experience, content recommendation, fraud detection/prevention and more.
- Monitor and improve model performance via data enhancement, feature engineering, experimentation and online/offline evaluation.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in machine learning and artificial intelligence, and influence AI/ML for the Crypto industry.
- Mentor junior engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
Skills you should HODL
- Expertise in building, deploying, measuring, and maintaining machine learning models to address real-world problems.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle, DevOps (build, continuous integration, deployment tools) and best practices.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Scala, Go, Rust or other languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MLOps platforms, such as Kubeflow or MLFlow.
- Experience with ML frameworks, such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch.
- Experience with Big Data tools – Spark, S3, Athena/Trino.
- Experience with GenAI tools, such as Langchain, LlamaIndex, and open source Vector DBs.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in AI/ML engineering, with a track record of handling increasingly complex projects.
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn