On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem-solving and data-driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, and people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
The Consumer AML monitoring team (short CALM) acts as part of the first line of defense for Consumer AML/CTF monitoring and offers central solutions to identify suspicious patterns and behavior that indicate money laundering or terrorist financing. This is done by performing monitoring of;
- Consumer behavior when using Klarna as a payment method for online purchases and/or using the Klarna Card,
- Consumer behavior when using consumer banking products (saving or current bank accounts),
- Transfer of funds connected to consumers’ receivables
Our team currently consists of 7 people: Accountable Lead, 3 Analysts and 3 Data scientists. We are a bunch of cheerful people located in Stockholm.
The analyst supports the team in finding the most efficient ways to detect and investigate suspected money-laundering and terrorist financing. For that they use transaction/customer data to improve the identification and insights from these reviews to update monitoring rules and control queries in order to improve the quality of escalations and investigations. The analyst also supports the lead with monthly/quarterly reports to management and drives projects to improve processes.
- Compiling transaction/customer data to serve as a basis for rule and process improvements to increase performance
- Analyzing and suggesting improvements to hit rates/match rates of new rules and customer screening logic based on feedback from operational teams and data sources
- Providing data to help the lead to set strategy and priority, and to make informed decisions when creating compliant processes and products
- Tracking and developing team KPIs and supporting the lead in monthly meetings/reports
- Assisting the lead with statistics and data needed in connection with internal and external audits, as well as regular money-laundering reports submitted to the board and external authorities.
- Maintaining the team’s data schemas and tables, train new team members in SQL, and create an efficient data querying culture within the team
You should have
- Strong analytical skill set: ability to identify and isolate trends
- Good business acumen
- Data querying knowledge, e.g, SQL
- Good communication skills with internal stakeholders
- Understanding of business metrics and how to interpret them
- Experience or a strong interest to learn about anti money laundering and counter terrorist financing
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
Please send us a CV in English in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.