At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Manager, Machine Learning Solutions
Job location: Chennai, India
About the team
Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smartphone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Or thought about the retail supply chain that brings items from all over the world to your supermarket shelves? Kinaxis solves problems like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data that need to be analyzed for the largest supply chains imaginable. Our applications move the global economy-- in seconds, not hours, or days.
It’s Big Data with an impact; Data Science is on the front lines.
What you will do
- Make sound technical decisions to deliver complete solutions for customers.
- Collaborate with R&D teams in Toronto and Ottawa to ship world-class products in the demand and supply planning space for enterprise Retail customers.
- Remove obstacles for your team, improve software development and work processes and facilitate communication with external stakeholders.
- Enable learning and knowledge transfer within your team. Coach your team on software engineering practices, agile delivery, and customer focus.
- Recruit, nurture and build a world-class engineering team in Chennai.
- Serve your team members rather than tell them what to do, know their long-term goals and talents.
- Shape the future direction of Kinaxis as we move into new markets.
What we are looking for
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related)
- A love of data, algorithms AI, ML and the desire to apply them in the real world.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development management position where you’ve made mistakes and learned.
- Experience in building large scale, ML based enterprise products on the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Ability to manage and maintain existing products as well as introduce new features via continuous delivery.
- Background in agile methodologies—not just training but real-world experience and expertise.
- Solid background in OOPS and full stack development
- The commitment to help every member of your team perform better.
Things that would help
Having written production quality code for the line of business applications
Willing to roll up the sleeves and contribute to the team when needed.
Background in supply chain management and/or Retail solutions
Analytics or iterative algorithms
Optimization algorithms or statistical packages
Big data analytics
Familiarity with Business Intelligence, reporting, or enterprise planning systems
Have taken ML projects to production.
Technologies we use
- RapidResponse rich no-code application development environment
- Sophisticated internal testing tools to validate correctness and performance.
- Virtual and cloud infrastructure including containerization for development, support, and testing.
- Python, SQL, Spark, Jenkins, Docker, K8s ecosystem (e.g. helm, argo)
- GitHub, Jira
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected]. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.