Financial Management Data Analyst
Nov 10, 2023
USA, Arlington, 2521 S Clark St, Virginia
Financial Management Data Analyst
KBR is seeking a Financial Management Analyst to support the Joint Counter small UAS Office (JCO). The JCO mission is to research, develop, prototype, test, evaluate, procure, transition, and/or field critical enabling technologies and capabilities that address near-term, and mid-term threats. This is a full-time on-site position located in Arlington, VA. A successful candidate will have a working knowledge of Department of Defense best practices and processes, and experience utilizing financial management tools. The candidate should be a self-starter and require minimal oversight. Minimal travel is required for this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Allocate Program funds based on an analysis of budget estimates, historical expenditures, projected workload, and approved funding. Executes current year and prior year funding through purchase orders, sales orders, Military Inter-Departmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), and Procurement Work Directives within all active financial databases, including but not limited to General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
· Manage commitments, obligations, and disbursement of funds; reconciling against plans and resolving issues with missing/unmatched disbursements and unliquidated and negative obligations balances. Participates in year-end closing to ensure proper and full use of provided funds, with no anti-deficiency violation.
· Determine the propriety and cost-effectiveness of funding requests. Identify the need for reprogramming between budget accounts and/or organizations.
· Assure that agency/command priorities are reflected in the ranking of unfunded requirements. Coordinates and reacts to resource/funding/programmatic changes. Evaluates the effect of cost and program changes on-budget execution plans.
· Prepare a variety of reports and briefings on the status of funds, obligations, disbursements, organization travel, and resource requirements.
· Advise program managers and management officials on the status and availability of funds.
· Serves as a Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) point of contact for the organization.
· Develop budget estimates as part of the POM process using historical data from Legacy and current financial management systems, analysis of program requirements, coordination with stakeholders, and statutory and regulatory guidance.
· Conduct special studies and gather data from field organizations to resolve variances, or to solve complex problems.
· BA/BS or MA/MS degree (Masters preferred)
· 10+ years of experience as a budget / financial analyst.
· Defense Acquisition University Financial Management Level 2 or 3 or Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) (Preferred)
· Experience in budget analysis principles, concepts, and techniques used to develop budget forecasts, justifications, and execution plans.
Experience in DoD acquisition programs. Army budgeting experience is preferred.
· Experience with contracts and purchasing.
· · Knowledge of policies, processes, procedures, and regulations governing budgetary processes and Fiscal Law for the usage of Operations & Maintenance (OMA), Research Development Test & Evaluation (RDT&E), and Other Procurement Army (OPA) Appropriations (special emphasis on OMA & RDT&E OPA experience preferred).
· Knowledge of and experience using the DoD process, products, terminology, and guidance for the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process.
· An in-depth knowledge of Defense Acquisition processes, Financial Data Analysis, and Financial Data Reporting.
· Secret security clearance required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.