Data Operations Associate
Who We Are:
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 14,000+ brands and over 600,000+ buyers across 150 countries, processing an incredible $1.7B in wholesale transaction volume each month. Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO inducted into Forbes' 2022 "50 Over 50" class & named a Glossy 50 "Changemaker in the Fashion Industry" JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have over 200 employees in 12 global offices, including NYC, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Melbourne, and Tokyo. And we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
We are looking for a Data Operations Associate to join our Data Services team, responsible for processing, uploading and editing style, customer and order data so that brands and retailers can digitally place and confirm wholesale orders on the JOOR platform. You'll be responsible for maintaining the integrity of JOOR's rich style, order, and customer data. You'll partner with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Product Support teams to execute and improve data-centric processes that support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our clients rely on JOOR to grow their business and this role is instrumental in improving internal and external workflows to achieve this.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, process, upload and update customer and style data, using Excel, SQL, pre-written Python scripts and proprietary tools
- Maintain high level of accuracy of data added to customers’ accounts and JOOR’s database
- Communicate directly with clients to provide status updates and guidance/support on JOOR’s data standards and processes, and to request edits to be made to ensure error-free data uploads
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and provide solutions to internal teams and clients
- Write and maintain queries that allow the Data Team to update data quickly and efficiently for clients
- Work cross-functionally on high-impact projects that help increase efficiency of data processing
- Participate in the design and maintenance of key reports
- Undertake any other projects that may arise - be willing to step outside your comfort zone and learn quickly!
We would LOVE to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in data processing, bulk data editing and/or analysis
- At least a basic understanding of SQL and a desire to learn more
- Advanced Excel proficiency (formatting, formulas, v-lookup, concatenate)
- Willingness to work independently on a high volume of data-related tasks during seasonal peaks
- Strong desire and ability to collaborate globally and cross-functionally on projects
- Excellent communication skills and an interest in instructing others
- Experience with Client Success/Service a plus
- Experience using JIRA a plus
- Working knowledge of Python a plus
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off sites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via quarterly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR may just be the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Excited about the role but still not 100% you fit the criteria? We would still love to hear from you!