Data Architect (CFPB)
Sep 10, 2023
Washington, District of Columbia, United States - Remote
Founded in 2003, IT Concepts’ core values – customer-centricity, teamwork, driven to deliver, innovation, and integrity – ensure we work together to be the best, realize objectives, and make a positive impact in our communities. We intentionally created and sustain our ITC culture that embraces change, experimentation, continuous learning, and improvement. We bring our design thinking problem solving approach that challenges assumptions, prioritizes curiosity, and invites complexity to deliver innovative, efficient, and effective solutions. As we continue to grow in the support of our government customers, we are looking for driven and innovative individuals to join our team.
IT Concepts is looking for an experienced Data Architect to support Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. As a Data Architect, you will work with a team of consultants, engineers, and analysts to design, build and oversee solutions handle the migration and transformation of CFPB’s data.
- Assess the existing data architecture and propose optimizations and improvements.
- Analyze on-premise data models, schemas, and database structure and re-engineer to be optimized for cloud data platforms. Design and document new best practice standards for the cloud data and analytics environment.
- Define data governance and security policies in AWS in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO), Data Privacy, and Cybersecurity.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to design and implement efficient ETL processes.
- Ensure data integrity, quality, and consistency across the migration process.
- Identify opportunities for data optimization, performance improvements, and cost savings.
- Collaborate with data product and application teams to define data integration requirements.
- Perform data mapping and transformation to align with target AWS architectures.
- Provide guidance on data storage, indexing, and partitioning strategies in AWS.
- Conduct performance testing and optimization of data access in AWS.
- Responsible for overall performance, service delivery, and quality of project execution and deliverables
- Key focus on data architecture and migration from on-premises to AWS
- Design and oversee technical approach for data migration from on-premises databases and pipelines to AWS.
- Assess the data environment – infrastructure and systems - to identify best migration path
- Oversee technical resources, mentoring as needed.
- Provide technical status updates on tasks as required and attend weekly status meetings.
- Verify that the program produces the appropriate technical documentation of quality.
- Communicate technical challenges and potential risks to the client, as needed, and develops mitigation strategies.
- Lead by example and pitch in to enable successful and seamless client delivery.
- 8+ years experience with data architecture
- 8+ years experience developing AWS architectures and supporting teams
- Strong understanding of data architecture principles including data modeling, data integration, and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with migrating on-premise databases to cloud platforms, specifically AWS.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services relevant to data architecture such as Amazon S3, AWS RDS, etc.
- Experience with migration on-premise databases to AWS.
- In depth knowledge of AWS service and tools
- Familiarity with ETL tools and data integration
- Knowledge of data security and compliance considerations in cloud environments.
- Understanding of data governance practices and data quality management.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to data architecture and migration challenges.
- Excellent documentation skills and the ability to recommend best practices and articulate process improvements and required changes.
- Experience managing code in GitHub or other similar tools.
- AWS Architect Certification
- 2+ years with Postgres database administration and optimization
- Record of building strong technical teams through teamwork and growth
- Ability to identify impacts across disparate projects and facilitate the communication between teams
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- US Citizen.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, enabling long-term mission success, and building trust for the next challenge. With you as our partner, let’s solve challenges, think innovatively, and maximize impact. As a valued member of our ITC community, you have the unique opportunity to work in a diverse range of technology and business career paths, all while supporting our nation and delivering innovative technology solutions. We are a close community of experts that pride ourselves on creating an environment defined by teamwork, dedication, and excellence.
We hold three ISO certifications (27001:2013, 20000-1:2011, 9001:2015) and two CMMI ML 3 ratings (DEV and SVC).
Growth | Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, DC Metro List Fastest Growing; Washington Business Journal: Fastest Growing Companies, Top Performing Small Technology Companies in Greater D.C.
Culture | Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 Honoree; Virginia Best Place to Work; Washington Business Journal: Best Places to Work, Corporate Diversity Index Winner – Mid-Size Companies, Companies Owned by People of Color; Department of Labor’s HireVets for our work helping veterans transition; SECAF Award of Excellence finalist; Viqtory Military Friendly Brand; Virginia Values Veterans (V3); Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Corporate Breath Award
We offer great benefits – Competitive Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, 401(k) with company matching.
We invest in our employees – Every employee is provided with a stipend to invest in certifications, a master’s degree, or even a doctorate. We want you to grow as an expert and a leader and offer flexibility for you to take a course, a certification, or attend a conference. We are committed to supporting your curiosity and sustaining a culture that prioritizes commitment to continuous professional development.
We work hard, we play hard. ITC is committed to injecting fun into every day. We dedicate funds for activities – virtual and in-person – e.g., we have four season tickets to Nationals games that are available every month, we host happy hours, holiday events, fitness events, and annual celebrations. In alignment with our commitment to our communities, we host and attend charity galas/events. We believe in appreciating your commitment and building a positive workspace for you to be creative, innovative, and happy.
IT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. As such, any personnel decisions (hire, promotion, job status, etc.) on applicants and/or employees are based on merit, qualifications, competence and business needs, not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information of the employee or family member of the employee, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.