Senior Developer - Data Engineer (AWS/Python/Node)
Sep 03, 2023
Franklin, TN, United States
At Intevity we bring a human and strategic view to business, technology, and software development. We combine strategists, designers, engineers, and industry subject matter experts into consulting teams who work directly with our clients in the trenches to unlock transformational value from technology. Learn more about us at https://intevity.com.
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer with 7+ years of experience for our team. We need the candidate to have extensive experience inside the AWS stack with experience working with Node and Typescript.
In this position, you will play a critical role in the success of our clients. We are an agile team of experienced developers and technologists defining the architecture, process, and implementation of critical operational systems for our clients.
Because each client and their needs are different, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats and rolling up your sleeves when needed. You’re a thinker AND a doer. When compared to others, you stand out as a star player who will do whatever it takes to get the job done—no matter how big or small the job is. You lead by example as well as mentor/help others.
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 7 years of hands on experience in utilizing AWS services to design, develop, secure, and maintain data platforms
- Minimum of 5 years experience in enterprise level SDLC
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Python (Node.js and Typescript is a plus)
- Experience setting up AWS Data Platforms – CloudFormation/Terraform, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, Amazon EMR, AWS RDS, QuickSight and Redshift, S3, and EC2.
- Track record of successfully building scalable Data Lake solutions that connects to distributed data storage using multiple data connectors.
- Track record of data engineering, ETL, data transmission and data security
- Proven skills in Python, SQL and the AWS ecosystem of tools. Typescript experience is a plus.
- Ability to lead proofs-of-concepts and then effectively transition and scale those concepts into production at scale through, engineering, deployment and commercialization.
- Serve as an expert; envision and integrate emerging data technologies, anticipate new trends to solve complex business and technical problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal forms with clients and other team members.
We’ve been different from the start and by design. We’ve always valued work-life balance, allowing our team to have full, meaningful, and vibrant lives in and out of work. We attract top talent for a simple reason: this is a great place to work, where family wins and off-the-grid adventures are encouraged and celebrated every bit as much as excellence on the job.
Being remote allows our employees to live where they want to. It means being able to have the lifestyle that you choose. Working remotely is not for everyone, but it allows us to spend less time commuting and more time on the things that really matter. We believe this is essential to supporting a workforce that can achieve a healthy work-life balance.