Senior Product Manager - Embedded and Data Analytics (Remote)
Sep 19, 2023
Raleigh, NC, United States
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class data driven solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Product Manager within the Global Embedded and Data Analytics team. This new role will be responsible for driving the overall product vision and market strategy, business cases, roadmap, and the achievement of financial and customer experience goals. You are the market, customer, and product expert for your product to the rest of the organization. As a leader for your product, you will develop and execute the commercialization strategy across functions for the products with responsibility for bookings, revenue, retention, and margin. This includes ensuring that all departments are prepared for successful product launches and go-to-market execution.
You are also responsible for the overall product life cycle which includes gathering and prioritizing market requirements, determining the right mix of product initiatives that will maximize portfolio ROI, working with the development team on the delivery of capabilities, and confirming that the result meets the specified requirements and objectives.
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, and can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
It presents an ideal opportunity for someone with a strong technical background, knowledge and experience working with data analytics tools, who is excited to stay on top of industry trends, business, and customer needs, and create a strategic plan for driving exceptional revenue growth.
1. Product knowledge and strategy for the future – Technical and business understanding
a) Mastery of Your product
- Serve as an expert going deep on how your products work. Understand the data ingest, transform, load, table structures -both inbound and outbound
- Understand the technical components of your products and be able to identify key stakeholders
- Recognize product performance from an end-user standpoint including data quality, responsiveness, reliability, etc.
- Be able to engage in a conversation on all facets of your products, and require others’ input only to go particularly deep
b) Mastery of the technology involved in your product
- Be able to engage in discussions regarding whether your product is using the right solutions, and always looking forward to continuously evolve and improve
- Be able to understand the issues involved in major decisions and provide feedback on architecture, even in areas you are not an expert in
c) Mastery of the innovations in your product and the customer domain
- Form and constantly update a viewpoint on how your product fits into the broader domain
- Constantly re-evaluate how your product is delivering value to the customer/end user/etc. and pivot as needed
2. Stakeholder / Customer Obsession – Keeping customers top of mind
a) Own the product roadmaps
- Continually manage the product roadmaps to support product vision and to deliver on key business priorities
- Map the product roadmaps to a single product release plan and provide visibility to markets and other business stakeholders
- Maintain documentation of product roadmap and provide visibility to the markets and other business stakeholders
b) Be customer obsessed – ensure your products are working well and evolving appropriately
- Ensure features are built for global functions and markets
- Conduct business acceptance of features and epics according to the definition of done
- Conduct regular end-user product feedback sessions and enhance products accordingly
- Be an advocate for the end-user experience
- Leverage your team to ensure these aspects are being accounted for
3. Collaboration Capability – Working with others across the organization
a) Be the catalyst for collaboration
- Join forces with other Product Managers across the organization to ensure alignment and coordination across products as necessary for multi-product work and initiatives
- Partner with Initiative Leads & Stakeholders to maximize value delivery
b) Own the product backlogs
- Participate in Intake Product Triage and decompose ideation tickets into Epics & Features with the help of the product team, Project managers and deployment managers
- Prioritize the product backlog for all products
4. Capacity and Resource Management – Managing your product team
a) Manage capacity and demand for team
- Manage allocated resource and capacity including development, market enablement, bug resolution, and testing and reevaluate based on prioritized roadmap
- Leveraging the product roadmap and release plan, provide capacity forecasting to the rest of the business to ensure end-to-end readiness in support a release/major new feature
- 15+ years working with BI and data analytics products in B2B market
- 5+ years of product management or similar experience, especially with business intelligence products in the mid-market to enterprise space
- Working knowledge of API and cloud-based driven solutions
- Working knowledge of ML, NLP and data science technologies. AI knowledge is a nice-to-have.
- Working knowledge of containerized and microservices architecture
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product opportunities, building feedback loops, and creating product metrics
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience working within a highly distributed, global team
- Ability to balance growth, innovation and retention
- Ability to manage product P&L is a nice-to-have
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to interact with customers at a variety of levels and across function
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **
insightsoftware About Us: Hear From Our Team - InsightSoftware (wistia.com)