Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer join our team in LaVergne, TN (Greater Nashville area). This individual will work to deliver enterprise grade data products and solutions with high customer impact. They’ll implement the proposed architecture and contribute to development activities with a specialization in at least one of the following:, one major database platform (e.g, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server), and Event driven data movement patterns of integration using streaming (e.g. Kafka) and transformations using applications such as NiFi. The Senior Data Engineer also performs all aspects of the development life cycle. Finally, they will deliver results through independent contributions and through mentoring and collaborating with other engineers.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people as possible to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6 + years’ experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level IT solutions
We have a preference for:
- Experience with Kafka, setting up event driven architecture for data movement
- Experience with database application development experience
- Exposure to NiFi or data flow automation tools
- Experience with writing and optimizing existing complex SQL queries
- Experience with columnar databases or non-relational databases
- Knowledge of Linux commands and scripting (logs, piping, redirections, grep, sed, yum)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Perl, shell scripts)
- Experience with architecting data models and interpreting business needs into technical requirements for data visualization or reporting
- Experience with collaborating in a cross-functional capacity across teams, building consensus and executing the necessary vision for the project deliverables.
- Knowledge of JIRA, agile methodologies and Confluence
The Sr Data Engineer key responsibilities are:
- Serves as Designer/Architect/Engineer for a major enterprise IT Data Lake house.
- Creates, develops, modifies, and maintains data pipelines and patterns for application or analytical usage across the enterprise establishing best practices.
- Assembles large and complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Coordinates and communicates with users, developers, and product owners to gather and understand requirements.
- Develops new design patterns, standards, documentation, etc. and works with other developers for implementation.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.