Senior Research Data Scientist | Health | Biophysics | Deep Tech Startup
Aug 31, 2023
We're looking for an awesome Senior Research Data Scientist | Health | Deep Tech Startup | Biophysics to join our team on our journey to revolutionize personalized medicine 📈
In this position, you will be a prominent member of the data science team at iLoF. We develop models for predicting medical conditions from biomedical data and photonic signals, and you will be a key member in getting the models to be correct (see below for more details about your responsibilities). This is a key role for iLoF intended for its department to grow over time. As iLoF grows, you can expect to be a member of trying to win at and build the best AI-powered bioinformatics diagnostics platform in the world.
If you are a driven and ambitious Data Scientist looking to work on groundbreaking technology that will shape the future of medicine, you’re at the right job ad and we want to hear from you.
About your Role 📰 / What will you be doing? 👀
- Independently own the full pipeline of specific projects from a data science perspective.
- Dive deep into our proprietary datasets, exploring, analyzing, and extracting insights that drive advancements in personalized medicine.
- Develop advanced algorithms, statistical models, and machine learning techniques to uncover meaningful patterns and trends in complex data.
- Work hand to hand with the head of the department, as well as collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, influencing product development and decision-making by using data.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in data science, machine learning, and personalized medicine, applying new methodologies and technologies to enhance our products and capabilities.
- Communicate findings, methodologies, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- To have lots of fun dealing with unique datasets and human-derived signals :)
- Be an experienced hands-on professional, with a deep understanding of data science, relishing the opportunity to delve into our unique and exclusive datasets.
- Eagerness to explore new types of data - you have either previously done hands-on applied research on medical-source data dealing with omics datasets (genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, etc.), or have the right skills to start work on such data.
- Adept at handling other diverse data types, from tabular to time series, physical & and physiological signals, etc.
- Excited to contribute new algorithms and machine learning models to our cloud libraries of diseases.
- While working independently, thrive as a collaborative team player - strong technical leadership experience and ability to work in interdisciplinary teams set you apart.
- Above all, to have an insatiable hunger for innovation and a drive for excellence.
- PhD or relevant degree in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or a related field. Exceptional candidates with a Master's degree and proven research experience will also be considered.
- +3 years of experience in academia/industry solving problems related to extracting insights from data, ideally biomedical signals
- Experience in data science applied to omics data is preferred — helpful, but not mandatory. (You’ll get caught up on the job).
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, preferably in a deep-tech startup or similar high-growth setting.
- Extensive experience in data preprocessing, feature engineering, and exploratory data analysis to derive valuable insights.
- Deep understanding and practical application of statistical concepts, predictive modeling, and experimental design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to navigate complex and ambiguous challenges in data analysis and signal processing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience supervising junior members would be welcomed but is not necessary.
iLoF in a nutshell 💡
As personalized medicine becomes the norm, scientists, patients, and healthcare systems worldwide face massive barriers in providing the right treatment to the right patient.
Recognized by CB Insights and Financial Times as one of the world's most promising Digital Health companies, iLoF is building an AI-powered platform capable of transforming precision medicine.
Our goal is to become the platform that democratizes access to personalized medicine for millions of people living with complex diseases around the globe.
Thanks to our proprietary optical fingerprint library of disease biomarkers and biological profiles we can offer personalized patient screening and stratification in a faster and more affordable way, saving up to 40% of the cost and 70% of the time while enabling a more human patient experience.
Supported by leading institutions like Microsoft Ventures, Mayfield, and the Oxford University, iLoF is currently focusing on validating its platform technology in one of the biggest challenges of our times: Alzheimer's, while maintaining ongoing verticals on Digestive Cancer, Stroke, and Infectious diseases.
We are a mix of scientists, entrepreneurs, and inventors based in Oxford and Porto, with a passion for healthcare!
Recognized by CB Insights as one of the most promising Digital Health companies in the world and by the Financial Times as a Transformational Business in Healthcare, iLoF has been regularly featured in leading outlets like Tech Crunch, Wired, and Sifted and listed as a rising star in AI-Driven Drug Discovery, Health Screening & Data Analytics.
Stuff you want to know:
What we value
- A Be Kind attitude is the main guideline within iLoF
- A hand in the hammer and another free to support your co-workers as a true team player
- An honest and egoless attitude towards discussions and critics working in good faith
- The braveness to speak your heart in any situation
- Through words or actions be always sure to make a difference at any moment!
- Be proud to drive your responsibilities to success and help others do the same, embracing ownership!
- An exciting future with a deep-tech company selected by Financial Times and CB Insights as one of the most transformative companies in the world 🚀
- Annual performance bonus
- Stock Options 💰
- A high paced, flexible environment: adaptable working hours, strong remote work culture 🏡
- A stimulating atmosphere with room for creativity - fast-paced, fun, and energetic start-up with a friendly culture 🎉
- Weekly happy hours with amazing food and drinks
- Company offsites ⛱️
- Free coffee and snacks ☕
- Private healthcare insurance 💊
- The opportunity to work with a world class, talented team: and potentially change healthcare as we know it for millions of patients living with complex diseases around the globe 🧗🏼♂️
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey.
If that sounds like a fit for you, click the apply button and join us.
You’ve read all this way but you’re missing a skill or two? No problem, it’s our job to upskill you to take your career to the next level. What we’re trying to say is, don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t tick all the boxes. 💪
Data Science, Research Scientist, Senior Data Scientist, Health Data, Deep Tech, Startup, Biophysics, Quantitative Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Biomedical Data, Health Analytics, Scientific Research, Health Informatics, Computational Biology, Advanced Analytics, Biomedical Imaging, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Healthcare Data, Senior Scientist, Life Sciences, Data Visualization, Clinical Research, Start-up Environment, Machine Learning Engineer, Multidisciplinary Research, Biomedical Analytics, Innovative Technologies, Deep Learning, Health Technology, Biophysical Research, Research Analytics, Health Data Analysis, Technical Innovation, Data-driven Insights, Molecular Biophysics, Research and Innovation, Computational Modeling, Spectroscopy, Spectral Data Analysis, Spectral Imaging, Optical Spectroscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, Mass Spectrometry, Infrared Spectroscopy, UV-Vis Spectroscopy, Absorption Spectroscopy, Spectral Data Processing, Hyperspectral Imaging, Spectral Data Interpretation, Chemometrics, Bioanalytical Spectroscopy, Spectral Characterization, Spectral Feature Extraction, Spectral Signature Analysis, Spectral Data Fusion, Spectral Modeling, Spectral Pattern Recognition, Spectral Data Visualization, Spectral Database Management, Advanced Spectral Techniques, Spectroscopic Instrumentation, Spectral Signal Processing, Spectral Calibration, Spectral Biomarker Discovery.