Building a team starts with valuing the team. We hire the best of the best to ensure you’re working with people you can constantly learn from. You’re trusted to get your work done your way while testing the limits of what’s possible and what’s next. We work hard to provide a culture where everyone feels supported, and our employees feel it—their votes helped us become one of Newsweek's Top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces in 2023.
We also value sports. Not just because of the big wins and highlight-worthy plays, but because of the lasting impact sports can have: the lifelong lessons in teamwork and dedication; the influence of inspiring mentors; the priceless opportunities to play at the next level. Sports can change lives—that’s what we value.
Our team helps the world see sports differently through products that make it easier to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and do a lot more.
Ready to join us?
The Applied Machine Learning (AML) team’s vision is to deliver the right data at the right time, straight into the hands of our coaches and athletes. The team is focusing on creating a competitive advantage via machine learning (ML) at Hudl, primarily focusing on computer vision and deep learning models, deploying them on the cloud and on the edge for our Focus cameras. We already have a number of ML models in production powering automation across Hudl and this is only the start of our journey.
We’re looking for an Engineering Director to coach our Applied Machine Learning team. Your responsibilities would include: aligning engineering activities and projects with company goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner; providing expert guidance and support; approving newly developed policies from various departments; and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll lead, grow and mentor a team of 20+ ML researchers and MLops engineers across five squads, driving the technical strategy. You’ll also work together with other Engineering Directors to represent and support the engineering chapter in communication with other stakeholders, chapters and departments across the company.
- Technical expertise. You can provide hands-on technical leadership, to guide the ML Team in building and maintaining robust and scalable solutions.
- Passion for research. You’re excited to explore and conduct applied research in the domain of computer vision, then translate your research findings into practical solutions that elevate Hudl’s products.
- Strategic mindset. You think strategically without a lot of effort, making it easy to develop and execute clear technical roadmaps
- Team-oriented. Your priority is your team. Recruiting mentoring, and retaining a high-performing team of engineers is of utmost importance to you. You know how to foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and continuous learning.
- MLOps experience. If you’ve worked with the MLOps lifecycle and maintained and monitored models in production, that’s a plus.
- Sports industry context. Experience or an active interest in the application of ML and AI in the sports world would help you connect with our end users.
- Champion work-life harmony. We’ll give you the flexibility you need in your work life (e.g., flexible vacation time above any required statutory leave, company-wide holidays and timeout (meeting-free) days, remote work options and more) so you can enjoy your personal life too.
- Guarantee autonomy. We have an open, honest culture and we trust our people from day one. Your team will support you, but you’ll own your work and have the agency to try new ideas.
- Encourage career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Provide an environment to help you succeed. We've invested in our offices, designing incredible spaces with our employees in mind. But whether you’re at the office or working remotely, we’ll provide you the tech you need to do your best work.
- Support your wellbeing. Depending on location, we offer medical and retirement benefits for employees—but no matter where you’re located, we have resources like our Employee Assistance Program and employee resource groups to support your mental health.
Inclusion at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. Through our actions, behaviors and attitude, we’ll create an environment where everyone, no matter their differences, feels like they belong.
We offer resources to ensure our employees feel safe bringing their authentic selves to work, including employee resource groups and communities. But we recognize there’s ongoing work to be done, which is why we track our efforts and commitments in annual inclusion reports.
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.