Do you love building and managing data ecosystems in a growing scale-up?
At Helin we are shaping a better world by upgrading the present! We created Polaris, a game-changing SaaS platform for managing edge devices on industrial assets, boosting efficiency, safety, and sustainability. With this, our clients in marine and energy sectors accelerate the energy transition and save billions at the same time.
Intrigued? Excited? Want to know more?
We are a team of 40 people from 23 different nationalities, ages ranging from 19 to 60+ and we work based on 4 core values:
- Kind and driven teamwork - you would not be working data ecosystems alone 😊
- Collaborative growth - we grow as team and expect you to grow as professional
- Courage to innovate - we are free to try the newest things
- Trust in progress - every evolution is part of this revolution
What you’ll do
As a data engineer you are at the heart of ensuring the availability and reliability of our data infrastructure. You build, monitor, and manage the entire data ecosystem, which includes pipelines, databases, and more. Automation is a key component of your work, as you are responsible for automating the deployment of our data infrastructure, making processes more efficient and scalable.
Beyond infrastructure, you also help translate client and product requirements into functional designs for data systems and environments. You translate these needs into actionable solutions, ensuring that data systems are aligned with the unique demands of the project.
Collaboration is key, as you’ll guide the technical aspects of a project in tandem with the tech team and developers. Your expertise is instrumental in making data-driven decisions and ensuring that data is harnessed effectively to drive success in projects and products.
This is what you get from us
- A chance to be part of an amazing international team.
- A flexible work environment; at our growing office in Rijswijk and from home.
- The chance to learn, excel in your craft and grow. We will support your education and development with a yearly budget, and you’ll have plenty of freedom for your own ideas and initiative.
- Lunch is on us and on Fridays, we get food from one of our favorite local eateries delivered to the office.
- We’ve got your travel expenses covered and we offer a bike plan.
- After putting in all effort, we want to make sure you can unwind too. If you work a 40-hour week, you’ll have 24 vacation days, and we will offer you the possibility to work remotely for 2 weeks per year.
- We've got your retirement savings sorted too, and Helin covers half of the contribution.
Who are you?
Honestly, we don't even need to spell out this role for you. You live and breathe it. What clicks with our team is someone who’s self-reliant, detail oriented, structured and a good sounding board. You possess in-depth knowledge of data engineering principles and techniques such as SQL (NoSQL is a plus), Python, and Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, Confluent Kafka). Moreover, you stand out through your problem-solving ability and analytical skills. Technically, you are resourceful, curious, and eager to learn. You might not know something (yet), but when it's necessary, you'll figure it out in no time.
Next to that you:
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in a data engineering role or equivalent.
- Are a resident of The Netherlands and have a permanent work permit (we do not sponsor visas nor relocations).
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics or Automation Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or equivalent.
- Exceptional English communication and people skills, adept at conveying complex information to both expert and non-expert stakeholders.
- And it would be great if you have affinity with Docker, Azure and Linux and experience in a fast-growing scale-up international environment.
Click at I’m interested and send us your cv in English and a brief motivation letter. If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact José Herstel at +31 (0)880 185 111.
Please note, that only candidates living in the Netherlands with EU citizenship or equivalent will be considered as viable candidates. We are not eligible to offer a Highly Skilled Migrant sponsorship. Working remotely is NOT an option.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.