Future Consideration - Imaging Analyst (On-site)
Aug 31, 2023
Austin, Texas, United States; Mountain View, California, United States
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company transforming the diagnosis and management of coronary artery disease, the #1 cause of death worldwide, using cutting-edge technology. The flagship product—an AI-based, non-invasive cardiac test called the HeartFlow Analysis—provides a color-coded, 3D model of a patient’s coronary arteries indicating the impact blockages have on blood flow to the heart. It offers physicians a completely novel way to diagnose and treat cardiac patients. Our pipeline of products is growing and so is our team; join us in helping to revolutionize precision heartcare.
HeartFlow is a VC-backed, pre-IPO company that has received international recognition for exceptional strides in healthcare innovation, is supported by medical societies around the world, cleared for use in the US, UK, Europe, Japan and Canada, and has been used for more than 100,000 patients worldwide.
Timing is essential! If you are passionate about HeartFlow's mission and want to contribute in a meaningful way, we encourage you to submit your resume for future consideration.
The Medical Imaging Case Analyst is responsible for creating computer 3D models of coronary arteries from cardiac medical imaging (CT scans). These 3D coronary artery models show how narrowings and blockages impact blood flow. Creation of the model is done through the use of HeartFlow developed software and processes.
In this role, you will work within an operations team to process individual models on a recurring basis. A variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to: radiology, medical technicians, biological sciences, 3D animation, and/or CAD/visual inspection may qualify for this position. Due to the unique skills needed, employees will be trained on the specific software tools, CT image visualization process, and technology used/developed by HeartFlow.
The work we do supports hospitals, physicians, and emergency room patients in countries around the world. This position requires flexibility of work hours and a willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends. This is a full-time, hourly compensated position and set to start in 2024. #LI-DNI
- Interpret CT imaging data, per regulated process, to generate custom 3D computer models that are used for fluid dynamic simulations and sent to the customer for interpretation of patient outcome.
- Perform in-process visual inspections and verifications on image data quality and models while maintaining high levels of quality and efficiency.
- Comfortable working in a highly regulated environment where all activities must be performed in compliance with the outlined procedures. Document all work appropriately.
- Under minimal supervision, perform visual inspection, determining conformance to applicable work instructions and adhering to quality standards.
- Comfortable providing consultations to team members on CT image interpretation (per process) and provide feedback as needed.
- Provide testing and feedback for new product versions and process updates.
- Highly motivated to produce high quality and process compliant work with prolonged focus.
- Supportive teammate with a willingness to contribute to operations projects to improve future processes.
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently on multiple projects, while achieving goals and deadlines.
- Comfortable and proficient with computers. Ability to distinguish user error from software bugs.
- Open to receiving and providing constructive feedback on a daily basis, while using the feedback to improve.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Availability to work non-traditional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Experience with medical imaging technologies is preferred.
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- One of the following degrees is required, or relevant experience:
- Associate's degree in relevant field
- BS/BA degree, Major or Minor in a STEM field preferred
- 3D Modeling or 3D Animation degree
- Radiology technology or medical imaging program
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, a plus
- Experience with GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations, a plus
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Computer-based technical program preferred
- Visual inspection experience preferred
- Strong computer skills needed
- 3D modeling a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Physical Demands of the Job
- Office environment with prolonged hours of computer use
- Good visual acuity
- Contrast sensitivity to grayscale
- Color perception
- Due to the nature of the highly regulated environment, Case Analysts are expected to work in a light-controlled production environment.
The pay range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience and training; skill sets; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base hourly rate compensation range for this level is $27.00-$33.00 (for Mountain View, California) and $24.50-$28.00 (For Austin, Texas).
We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs based on eligibility. These benefits include bonus program, comprehensive health care coverage, a health savings account, disability, and life insurance, a Critical Illness and accident plan, a flex spending account (medical and dependent care), a 401k plan with a company match, mental health support TaskHuman, EAP, financial coaching, Rocket Lawyer, and more. HeartFlow offers 12 paid holidays, 15 vacation days, and 80 hours of sick leave.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFLow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United State, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at HeartFlow, including recruitment, hiring, training, relocation, promotion, and termination.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.
US Locations Only: All employees and contingent workers (contractor, consultant, interns or temporary personnel) are required to be vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 as recommended by CDC, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination on their first day of employment.