Forensic Data Analytics Associate Director
Nov 17, 2023
London (30 Finsbury Square)
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
You will work closely with your colleagues to develop the FDA service in-house and externally, building systems and dashboards to support existing services and FDA led propositions. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support the various service lines within FIS such as investigations, disputes, financial crime and proactive risk detection.
As a Forensic Data Analytics Associate Director within our team, you will:
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of the FDA team.
- Develop and promote our data analytics capability and specific FDA offerings within and outside the Firm.
- Be aware of the wide range of services the Firm offers and suggest innovative products whilst pro-actively identifying cross selling opportunities.
- Work with FIS, corporates, lawyers, internal and external auditors, and regulatory authorities in sensitive situations.
- Develop and apply forensic technical experience to effectively manage allocated assignments that meet and exceed the client's expectation.
- Engage with the client on matters connected with the assignment, including scoping of projects and gathering of requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client stakeholders, and present project findings to senior members of the client team.
- Ensure the end-to-end delivery of projects across the full lifecycle: Data extraction; transformation; loading (ETL); analysis; visualization and client delivery.
- Handle the upload of data into SQL (ETL) from a variety of sources.
- Optimise existing processes using SQL (or a combination of other languages) to improve accuracy/ runtime/ efficiency.
- Design and develop dashboards with interactive visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI to present the benefits of the analysis to clients.
- Communicate the findings in a clear and succinct manner in the form of a written report or a presentation.
- Assist with the implementation of the quality assurance and verification process for data analytics.
- Manage, mentor, and delegate tasks to junior FDA teammates.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Forensic Data Analytics Associate Director, the minimum criteria you’ll need is:
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience;
- Experience in data analytics working in a consulting environment such as a Big 4 firm, boutique or risk management entity working under time pressure and deadlines;
- Demonstratable expertise in SQL. Developing, optimising, and testing complex scripts to gain insight from client data;
- Experience in at least a visualization tool: Tableau or Power BI;
- Experience of taking ownership of allocated assignments in a way that meets and exceeds the client’s expectations, whilst taking responsibility for managing and developing staff;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience of presenting analyses to an audience.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- General computer skills such as knowledge of character encoding will avoid future pitfalls when working with data in non-Latin characters
- Prior experience in forensic disciplines
- Statistics, machine learning and automation experience
- Accounting knowledge such as an understanding of double entry accounting
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.