GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Software Engineer, Data Testing to join our team in developing scalable and robust test automation frameworks and scripts for data pipeline ingestion.
Collaborate with Developers, Data Engineers, and Product Managers to ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are addressed and tested appropriately.
As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of early cancer detection and be a part of an inclusive workplace where all voices are valued. Join GRAIL's pioneering team and make a profound difference in the lives of those affected by cancer!
- Develop and maintain high-quality, reusable software code and automated tests to ensure robustness and efficiency in our products.
- Set up automated test systems for full stack testing suites that fit into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop and implement comprehensive metrics collection and reporting strategies to track performance and facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Design end-to-end test scenarios to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Leverage diverse tools and technologies to generate API Level Automated Test Scripts.
- Efficiently triage and resolve bugs, utilizing JIRA and other suitable tools to gather comprehensive details for effective debugging and resolution.
- Manage and track issues diligently, ensuring timely documentation and escalation for effective resolution.
- Foster inclusive relationships through active partnership and collaboration with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in software programming and scripting skills, preferably in Python.
- 2-5 years of practical experience in microservices application testing.
- Experience in building Tools, Utilities & Automation Test Frameworks.
- Ability to write SQL and/or NoSQL queries.
- Knowledge of AWS services and infrastructure, including Redshift, EC2, S3, IAM, and VPC.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization technologies.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, specifically Airflow.
- Expertise in standard software testing methodology, such as integration testing, code reviews, and design documentation.
- Desire to automate everything and reduce manual testing time.
- Experience integrating testing artifacts with the CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong team player with a supportive attitude.
- Proficiency in utilizing data pipeline and workflow management tools.
The estimated, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $111,000 - $140,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.