Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Data Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team. As a Data Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers in data ingestion, transformation, and the creation of analytics solutions. Your role will be instrumental in driving our data engineering vision and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality data products and services.
In addition to your managerial responsibilities, you must also be willing to jump in and be hands-on when necessary. Your hands-on involvement will play a crucial role in mentoring your team, tackling complex data engineering challenges, and setting a high standard for data quality. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technologies, data quality, and leading a talented team, this role is for you.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of data engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to team members, encouraging their professional growth and development.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to align data engineering efforts with broader organizational goals and user requirements.
- Develop and articulate a clear data engineering vision that aligns with the company's strategic objectives.
- Drive the implementation of the data engineering vision, ensuring it is aligned with business priorities and timelines.
- Oversee the design and development of data pipelines, data models, and data architecture to support analytics and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and prioritize data engineering projects and initiatives.
- Allocate resources efficiently and manage project timelines to deliver high-quality solutions on time and within budget.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and technologies in the data engineering field.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies that can improve data engineering processes and enhance overall efficiency.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure data quality is built into data pipelines from the outset.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in a technical data engineering role
- 3+ years of people management
- Experience implementing streaming data pipelinesExperience with various data modeling techniques such as relational and dimensional
- Experience with AWS’ Aurora Postgres or MySQL
- Proficient in SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions
- Proficient in big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Databricks, Kafka
- Requires strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of design patterns in the Cloud and Building Well Architected Solutions
- Working knowledge with large (multiple terabytes) amounts of data
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a bias toward action, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we're eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.