GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Data Scientist to join our data team. Our ideal candidate is a team player, a curious, relentless learner who’s ready to take on new challenges and deliver value in a dynamic environment. This individual will have a love of working with data and making discoveries, a deep understanding of mathematics and statistical modeling, a strong understanding of marketing analytics and its KPIs, advertising & marketing technologies and strong communication skills. This role will bring rigor to advanced projects across marketing and product data initiatives.
- Build predictive models using statistical and Machine Learning techniques used for classification and regression. Assess model performance and communicate with stakeholders.
- Derive insights from data to improve our understanding of the user identity and their journey and the effectiveness of product and marketing tactics.
- Collaborate with marketing and Business Intelligence (BI) teams to formulate business needs into suitable mathematical models that scale our efficient marketing spend, including multi-touch attribution, media mix, audience segmentation, propensity/cross sell modeling and next best action models etc.
- Act as an advisor to business units looking to ensure rigorous testing and build complex analyses
- Mine and analyze company data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Partner with the rest of the data team to improve data consistency, cleanliness, and ease of use.
- Partner with machine learning engineers to put models in production.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of work experience in data analysis.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Economics.
- Experience using statistical analysis and predictive modeling to improve business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field; Advanced Degree a plus.
- Strong knowledge with databases such as RedShift, PostgreSQL, or Hadoop/Spark. Familiarity with Python computing stack, AWS.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment, and open to new concepts and processes.
- Prior software engineering experience a plus.
- Experience in eCommerce or healthcare a plus.
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $119,000 - $179,000
New York Office: $109,000 - $164,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, "Take Care of Yourself" days, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.