Web / Data Engineer Intern (Summer 2024)
Nov 08, 2023
USA - New York - Malta
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
Assemble data and documents across several platforms (Windows / SharePoint and Linux/Unix) into a suite of useful web pages. We will give you high-level guidance, but you are expected to.
- Survey our existing data / directory structures in both Windows/Sharepoint and Linux/Unix environments
- Suggest possible re-arrangements of the data
- Propose / discuss / implement web pages to link the data
- Develop scripts to adjust links already existing in docs, so they work in the new structure
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education – engineering or computer science background, at Junior/Senior or graduate level.
- Experience – No formal experience required – just have the skills necessary.
- Skills – Facility (not just coursework, but extensive use) of programming in Windows / Sharepoint and Linux/Unix environments (including shell scripting).
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal.
- Skills – Python skill is a plus.
- Project management skills - i.e., the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning & organizational skills.
Expected Salary Range
$0.00 - $0.00
The exact Salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience and location.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law