Robotics and Automation Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Nov 18, 2023
USA - Vermont - Essex Junction
GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Internship Program Overview:
Our Interns & Co-ops are our entry-level talent pipeline for GF across the globe. Our goal is to provide students with a meaningful work experience that will equip them with the skills to embark on a career in the fast-paced and growing semiconductor industry after graduation. As an intern at GF, you’ll experience one-on-one mentorship, work assignments that prioritize your growth and potential, professional development opportunities, and the chance to network with executives.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Manufacturing Automation Organization is seeking summer interns at the Fab 9 Burlington Vermont site. This team supports factory daily operations and is responsible for the automation equipment and mobile robotics platforms in the factory.
The FAB 9 Manufacturing Automation organization is responsible for engineering support, development and continuous improvement of our factory operations. This intern will assist the Factory Automation team in building and installing new automated manufacturing cells; improving existing automation equipment and enabling manufacturing cell readiness for future automation.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Support design, assembly and integration of automated/robotic manufacturing cells
- Support enabling manufacturing cell readiness for future automation
- Support evaluation and improvement of existing or future automated equipment
- Successful candidates will be comfortable leading improvement projects and working on a diverse team in a manufacturing environment.
- They will work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong teaming skills with engineers, managers, technicians and production employees.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education – Actively pursuing a Bachelor's – Majoring in Engineering or Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or related field.
- Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week during the internship.
- Prior related internship or co-op experience
- Project management skills, i.e., the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Previous experience with robotics and automation
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Programming experience – Python preferred
- Self-Motivated, able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and proactively seek feedback to ensure objective are aligned and met
- Team player, able to succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Expected Salary Range
$18.00 - $36.00
Expected Salary Range
$0.00 - $0.00
The exact Salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience and location.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law