Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; London, UK; and Dublin, Ireland.
About the Role
We are looking for an Economic Research Analyst Intern to join Glassdoor's Economic Research team for Summer 2024. You will work closely with our team to develop original stories about the labor market, track down data from Glassdoor and other publicly available sources, and translate that data into written/visual narratives and publish it on our blog which reaches a wide audience of media, company leaders and researchers.
What You’ll Do
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be formulating and prototyping research ideas, querying our SQL database or tracking down public data sources, analyzing data using R or Python and summarizing your findings in written and visual form for a general audience. Examples of past research from our Economic Research team are available at glassdoor.com/research/.
This is an exciting opportunity for writers, data scientists or economists to experience working at a tech company and craft stories covered by national media using Glassdoor's unique salary, reviews and community data!
What You’ll Bring
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student, studying a related field e.g. economics, data science, statistics, journalism.
- Strong data fluency, including experience with SQL. Strong experience with programming can replace experience with SQL.
- Demonstrated research experience, including the ability to work independently to turn ideas into stories.
- Experience in programming for data analysis in languages like Python or R.
- Strong communication and writing skills, including the ability to translate data and research into compelling stories for lay audiences.
Nice to Have
- Strong programming and data manipulation skills with tools like Python, R or SQL.
- Experience with data visualization tools like R Shiny, Tableau or D3.js.
- Experience in an adjacent role e.g. journalism, data science, policy analysis, economic research.
- Knowledge of applied econometrics, data science and statistics.
- Experience accessing and analyzing public economic data from sources like the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Census Bureau, IPUMS.
Hourly pay rate: $40.00
Glassdoor Internship Program
12 week virtual program where you'll manage projects and tasks, participate in engaging virtual events, and learn valuable skills!
Full-time program (8 hours per day, 40 hours per week).
Fully remote: work almost anywhere within the United States.
Fully paid program and paid company holidays.
Two cohort dates:
May 28 - August 16, 2024
June 3 - August 23, 2024
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.