Gideon develops AI and 3D-vision-based autonomous mobile robots for material handling in logistics, manufacturing, and other industrial environments. We are working with some of the biggest companies worldwide on automating their most complex material handling operations and enabling people to focus on what they do best, while robots take over the hard work.
Our team of 100+ super-talented people, including thirteen PhDs and 60+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering, is devoted to developing robots with a mission of making people's work easier.
We can describe ourselves as an ambitious group of constantly learning dreamers with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences, very excited and passionate about what we do. We're thrilled for the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners, and above all, we cherish kindness, team spirit, and new ideas. There is much more to learn, so we hope this piqued your curiosity!
Scope of work:
In this role, you will be responsible for Gideon’s autonomy stack integration and deployment on different vehicle types. You are expected to understand the architecture of our autonomy stack, dependencies between various software modules, and the functionalities of each module. You will also be exposed to our simulation environment, within which you will contribute with developing scripts for running experiments. We are looking for an ambitious and versatile engineer comfortable with occasional work in our test facility and at the customers’ sites.
If you are interested in seeing how it is to work in our Autonomy Applications team, check out this short video and hear what our engineers say :) Join our Autonomy Applications Team! - YouTube
- Configuring and deploying Gideon’s autonomy stack on industrial vehicles (robots)
- Installing and configuring a Linux-based operating system
- Extension of our proprietary configuration stack manager
- Developing tools for scaling up the deployment to a large number of units
- Developing scripts for executing simulation experiments
- Communication and coordination with internal Engineering and Product teams
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Robotics, or a related technical field
- Experience in working in Linux environments
- Passion for learning new technologies (such as ROS, etc.)
- Experience with Git
- Basic programming skills (Python, Bash, C++)
- Interest in learning and understanding how different parts of our robot system work (such as navigation, localization, computer vision)
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Familiarity with robot sensors (cameras, lidars, ultrasonic, etc.)
- Experience with Docker
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms, developing breakthrough robotics & AI solutions.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for remote work.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Regular yearly health check-ups.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Fully paid sick leave.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Baby bonus.
- Well-equipped testing & manufacturing halls right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.