Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a global team operating from 13 global locations to serve more than 60,000 companies -- from startups to public companies – that rely on Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM).
Freshworks’ cloud-based software suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshchat (AI-powered bots), supported by Neo, our underlying platform of shared services.
Freshworks is featured in global national press including CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg and has been a BuiltIn Best Place to work in San Francisco and Denver for the last 3 years. Our customer ratings have earned Freshworks products TrustRadius Top Rated Software ratings and G2 Best of Awards for Best Feature Set, Best Value for the Price and Best Relationship.
Our employees are a true differentiator for Freshworks. We continue to grow at a rapid pace and are on the lookout for a Principal Data Scientist to join our growing Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy & Operations team in North America. Reporting to the Senior Director - AI & Analytics, this role will be a part of the newly formed Strategy & Operations team which spans Marketing ops, Sales ops, Customer Experience ops, Enablement, and IT. The primary objective of this team is to strive to help our customers achieve their goals while creating “wow” moments of engagement. We have a lot of fun doing that as well!
This role will play a critical role in supporting our marketing, sales, and support functions by leveraging data, research, and artificial intelligence to drive actionable insights, optimize strategies, and enhance customer experiences
- Develop ML models that can guide our field sales teams and provide insights into the health and performance of the business.
- Conduct comprehensive data analysis to extract actionable insights from diverse data sets, including customer behavior, market trends, and sales performance
- Develop and implement predictive models, statistical algorithms, and machine learning techniques to enhance marketing campaigns, sales forecasting, and customer segmentation
- Bring predictive analytics to the Go-To-Market function to surface insights and guide business decisions
- Partner with the Product Engineering teams to develop product usage insights
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and tools in data analytics and artificial intelligence, and apply these insights to Freshworks
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and support, to understand their needs and provide data-driven insights to support decision-making
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure data security, governance, and compliance
- Identify areas for improvement, implement A/B testing, and measure the impact of strategies to drive continuous optimization
- Present complex data findings, research outcomes, and AI-driven solutions in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Represent the organization in a variety of industry, institutional, and/or professional forums, boards, and committees, to promote the company or institution's brand or efforts
This is a hybrid role (3 days/week onsite) from either San Mateo, CA (HQ), Bellevue, WA, or Denver, CO office locations.
- 13+ years of industry experience in data analysis, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience translating technical concepts into business value and communicating insights to stakeholders
- Knowledge of data visualization and dashboarding tools
- Strong executive presence - experience and comfort level working with C-level executives
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across teams/GEOs
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science)
California Pay Range: $250,000 - 330,000+. Please note this range is comprised of base+bonus. You may also be eligible for equity and additional generous company benefits.
Summary of Freshworks Benefits:
Freshworks offers multiple options for dental, medical, vision, disability, and life insurance. Equity + ESPP, flexible PTO, flexible spending, commuter benefits, and wellness benefits are also offered. Freshworks also offers adoption and parental leave benefits.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.