WHO WE ARE: At Fors Marsh, we take on issues that matter. We are a team of researchers, advisors, and communicators working together to shape the systems that shape our lives. We look at human behavior from all angles to design targeted solutions that influence decision-making and move people to action. We are committed to the problem, not just the project, and we are intentional about taking on work and forming partnerships that balance purpose, people, planet, and profit. We are a certified B Corporation, a Just employer, and a 2019-2023 Top Workplace. We hold ourselves accountable to the values that have always defined us. And those values drive us to be the best possible versions of ourselves-for each other, our communities, our clients, and the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Fors Marsh is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated data analyst needed to work as part of a survey data management team. This individual's primary responsibility will be to support several surveys for government and other clients. Tasks include cleaning and recoding sample frames to provide all necessary data elements to perform sampling and weighting; providing clean respondent lists for mail file creation; writing syntax for systematic processing of response data; planning for and adhering to internal and external requirements for secure file storage; PII management and data destruction; testing data collection instruments; and delivering final recoded data files used for weighting, analysis, and reporting. This job is best suited for an individual who has experience working with complex survey branching, is detail oriented, and has some coding/syntax skills in statistical analysis packages.
- Collaborates with internal analysis teams to obtain a detailed understanding of data requirements necessary for the sampling, weighting, and analysis of data.
- Works with other analysts in the creation, cleaning, and recoding of datasets and sample frames for research studies.
- Develops and implements systematic data collection instrument testing plans to verify instrument and specification alignment.
- Ensures data and metadata integrity and compliance with required standards by performing data validation and cleansing. Identifies issues within data and determines the root cause of the problem to recommend and execute corrective action.
- Analyzes survey data to evaluate questions and data quality.
- Identifies process improvements in relation to data collection and processing.
- Identifies, reviews, and evaluates data collection metrics.
- Ensures completion of all final deliverables in a timely, accurate, and efficient fashion.
- BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, social science, public policy or related field required.
- 0-1 year of professional working experience with large datasets or database required. Academia project or internship experience acceptable. Professional working environment preferred.
- Experience writing syntax in SPSS or Stata required.
- Additional programming skill in other languages such as SAS, R or SQL is preferred.
- Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with minimum direction and supervision.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and consent to a full background check due to our federal contract requirements.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique?
- Ability to make an impact on people’s lives, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in Fors Marsh staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.
Salary: $52,000 - $60,000
Location: Remote, United States Residents only.
EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran