Thank you for your interest in this position with Fiscalnote AI Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
As a Senior | Principal Data Scientist, you will be a key member of our data science team, responsible for taking the output of our data science analyses and ensuring that we can tell compelling, engaging, and accessible stories with the data at scale. You will also be deeply involving in designing, building and implementing new models, with a focus on LLMs, as well as fine-tuning existing models. You will work closely with our team of data scientists, data engineers, and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities for using data to drive business decisions and drive impact.
About the FiscalNote AI Team
The FiscalNote AI team is tasked with maintaining and developing new and existing AI tools, with the goal of making them as ubiquitous as air and as simple as a pencil. We drive the future through new products that delight, through efficiency gains measured by evolutionary and revolutionary leaps, and leave our internal and external customers amazed and speechless. Then we grab lunch.
Insatiable curiosity. Your ability to look at anything and say “I wonder…” and think about – and execute – the steps to prove or disprove the hypothesis. The world to you is an infinite collection of unanswered questions, all waiting to be found in gigabytes and terabytes of data.
What To Expect In This Position
- Developing and implementing data-driven strategies to drive business decisions and improve performance
- Identifying new models and approaches to continually improve on state-of-the-art LLMs and other ML models
- Leading the data science team to deliver high-quality, impactful analyses that support business goals
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure that data insights are incorporated into decision-making processes
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, including data scientists, data engineers, business leaders, and other key decision-makers
- Mentoring and developing more junior members of the data science team
- Translating sometimes obtuse data science conclusions into a narrative anyone’s parents could understand.
What Sets You Apart
- A graduate degree in a field related to data science, such as statistics, computer science, or a related discipline, or equivalent real-world experience
- Extensive experience in data science, with a strong background in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into accessible, actionable insights
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop others
- Familiarity with ML and data stack technologies, such as Databricks, Spark, and Python (and its associated data science packages, such as SciKit, PyTorch, SciPy, Pandas, etc.), as well as experience with data visualization tools
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact [email protected], we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.