Senior Research Analyst
Sep 10, 2023
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv District, Israel
At Fairmatic we're on a mission to make roads safer, one fleet at a time.
Fairmatic is revolutionizing the auto insurance industry by using data and AI to personalize options and incentivize safe driving with savings. Our predictive risk models have been trained with 200 billion miles of driving data and tested with hundreds of thousands of paying drivers.
Fairmatic's leadership team includes serial entrepreneurs, insurance industry innovators, and startup veterans who have raised over $88M in funding in less than a year.
We are looking for a talented senior research analyst for our Risk Intelligence team. Risk Intelligence is at the core of everything we do in Fairmatic. In this role, you will research, develop and improve our analytical processes around our data science model and around our risk and financial metrics. You will play a central role in directing our future data science and risk mitigation and control efforts. You will work closely with product management, underwriting, actuaries, data engineers and other engineering teams.
A day in the life:
- Play a significant role in the risk reduction and stabilization efforts. Work with relevant Fairmatic stakeholders to define how risk should be monitored and how root causes of underperformance can be identified.
- Generate insightful reports for the DS team, pricing and policy team and management, highlighting trends in risk metrics, reasons for increases, and segments with suboptimal performance.
- Develop tools and dashboards for accurate and comprehensive risk monitoring, based on business requirements.
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to define and implement data processing workflows.
- Participate in the design of data preparation processes, ensuring seamless integration of business requirements and technical feasibility.
- Lead our risk model data science performance monitoring.
- Deliver directions for future data science research that are related to the model performance.
- Exemplify and foster Fairmatic’s humble, collaborative and impact-obsessed culture
What you will need:
- 4 years of experience as a data/business/research analyst.
- Proven record in leading analysis projects end-to-end; from understanding stakeholders needs, to defining data requirements, conducting analysis and providing relevant recommendations.
- High proficiency in SQL, Python (or R) and dashboarding tools.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Experience with a data science or machine learning product - big advantage
- Experience with risk products or risk assessment (preferably insurtech company) - big advantage
- Understanding Statistical and ML models - advantage
Some Of Our Tel Aviv Office Benefits & Perk
- Paid time off
- Keren Hishtalmut, Pension
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Hybrid working model
- Mobile and home internet allowance
- Payment for sick leave from day one
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, happy hours
- Stipends for wellness and entertainment
- Awesome Fairmatic gifts and swag!