Developer III - Business Intelligence
Nov 15, 2023
Columbus, Ohio, United States - Remote
We’re looking for an enthusiastic business intelligence developer to help us scale our growing SaaS company. Our ideal teammate is someone who can both contribute ideas to our larger tech strategy and take charge of technical implementation.
This role will be asked to support our existing reporting offering (MS SQL + Sisense), adding and updating dimensions to the data as we add new features or get requests from customers for additional reporting data. Additionally, we want you to help shape the future of FMX's reporting offerings. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of star schemas and dimensional modeling to help navigate our future data architecture needs. We’d love to become “front-end agnostic”, so we can support Sisense Live Models, Power BI, or other reporting tools.
If you are seeking a rewarding challenge where you can truly own your impact, grow the practice, and guide us in our reporting journey this role may be the right fit for you.
- Design and develop customer-facing business intelligence solutions
- Develop and maintain data models, ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and integrity
- Provide input regarding current and future data architecture
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in business intelligence technologies
What is FMX?
FMX (the company) is a remote-first SaaS company building great software by enabling great people to do their best work through great technology and a great culture.
FMX (the product) is a computerized maintenance management system that streamlines maintenance processes for facilities leaders. Our mission is to simplify complex tasks and improve our customers' lives. Through ease of use, configurability, and world-class customer support, we strive to meet the unique needs of each organization we serve.
What’s in the DNA of FMX (the company)?
At FMX, we're dedicated to providing a fulfilling and challenging work environment that values our employees' well-being and growth, both personally and professionally. As a company, we’re committed to growing sustainably, which provides job security for employees even during economic downturns.
At FMX, our core values are
- Integrity: Doing the right thing, especially when it’s hard
- Excellence: Embrace productive discomfort, commitment to continuous improvement, and coachability
- Teamwork: respectful communication, asking for help, and giving help, owning your attitude and impact
These aren’t just catchy phrases on a poster in the office. These values are at the heart of everything we do and guide our decisions, actions, and interactions with our employees, customers, and partners.
Who thrives at FMX?
At FMX, we're looking for employees who are passionate about their work, committed to continuous improvement, and embrace productive discomfort. We're seeking self-motivated individuals who can thrive in a remote work environment and can communicate respectfully and constructively. We value employees who are disciplined in their processes and responsibilities, coachable, and seek out constructive criticism.
We encourage our employees to take ownership of their roles and contribute their ideas towards the direction of our products and company. We believe that our employees are the key to our success, and value their input and ideas. We strive to give our employees the autonomy they need to grow and thrive in their roles, while also working collaboratively to achieve our shared goals.
What’s the offer?
We are dedicated to fostering a supportive and dynamic workplace culture that empowers our employees to thrive.
- A competitive base salary, depending on experience. We use a third-party salary service to ensure we’re treating our teammates fairly when we hire and as we grow together.
- Self-guided project time: Devote up to 10% of your time working on projects that interest you through our Ten Time program.
- We promote personal and professional development: We give training bonuses and offer a generous yearly budget for learning resources (e.g. books, online learning, conferences, etc.)
- Flexible working conditions: Have a dentist appointment at 9:30 AM? Need to pick up your kids from school? No need to ask permission - as long as you're getting your work we’re good!
Is there more? Yes!
- Mental health matters! We have an employee assistance program - 4 fully-paid counseling sessions per calendar year
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution (must be enrolled in FMX Medical to be eligible) $100/month pre-taxed contribution from FMX
- Planned Time Off (PTO) - 20 Paid Time Off days per year, provided in a lump sum on your first day of employment
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - 2 Volunteer Time Off days per year - Provided in a lump sum on your first day of employment - Teammates can choose how they want to utilize this time off
- Unlimited Unplanned Time Off (UTO) - Can be used for appointments, sick time, emergencies, and mental health breaks for you or your loved ones (including pets).
- Parental Leave - 12 weeks for the primary caregiver (per birth/adoption) - 3 weeks for the secondary caregiver (per birth/adoption) - Available after 1 year of employment
- Work from home: At FMX we are remote-first, but you’re welcome to use our office in Columbus, OH as you need. We keep our break room stocked with free snacks and drinks 24/7.
- We offer a home office stipend: If your office is your home, we’ll provide up to $500 to help with equipment, furniture and accessories.
- 401K Contribution - Automatic enrollment, Starts on your first full month of employment, 2% employer match