ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Data and analytics are critical to our future growth at ezCater. Equally as important, is how we transform that data into value-add business decisions, leveraging our data assets. As a Lead Data Scientist on the Supply Operations Team, you will bring an unparalleled depth of insights, and unlock numerous opportunities for the business. You will be responsible for leading the advanced modeling and analytic efforts for critical questions requiring data science expertise, including but not limited to developing models to: assess and predict caterer potential performance and identify improvement opportunities; assess and predict order delivery performance to proactively address order reliability risks; better understand customer segments and which features are most relevant to optimizing the customer experience and improving customer LTV. Your work on these projects will enable partners and stakeholders from across the business to drive value and best serve our customer’s needs where data science methods are necessary to answer the business question. The ideal candidate is a strong critical thinker, independent worker who can deliver on open-ended questions while working closely with collaborative partners
What You'll Do:
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: Use advanced statistical techniques such as Bayesian and causal inference to analyze large datasets, extract meaningful insights, and provide actionable recommendations for improvements.
- Predictive Modeling: Develop predictive models to forecast user behavior, identify trends, and anticipate customer needs, contributing to data-driven decision-making.
- Experimentation and Analytic Innovation: Explore new data sources, techniques, and technologies to enhance the data science capabilities and contribute to innovation.
- Machine Learning Model Integration: Partner with our ML team to integrate data science models and algorithm in the most valuable and effective manner.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data science, machine learning, and relevant industry trends, applying these insights to your work.
- As an individual contributor, be the advisor and subject matter expert for structural design of data, analysis, experiments, and modeling for your domain; advance innovation and improvements to the analytics techniques, approaches, and processes used across the company.
What You Have:
- 5-7 years experience in data science, statistics, computer science, or a related field, performing statistical modeling and quantitative and technical analysis, ideally with experience in marketplace or e-commerce environments.
- Experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can add strong business value and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining data science & machine learning algorithms that are widely used and adopted.
- Demonstrated proficiency in explaining complex analysis to stakeholders at all levels of the organization and translating conclusions into straightforward, actionable business recommendations and strategic direction. Includes creating clear and compelling visualizations to communicate complex data.
- Demonstrated ability collaborating with cross-functional teams, including operations leads, engineers, analysts, and designers, to define and address key business challenges using data-driven approaches.
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to define, prioritize, and direct analytics initiatives
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, and Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, and scikit-learn.
- Knowledge of data science / ML modeling approaches (e.g. time series forecasting, logistic regression, and gradient-boosted decision trees).
- Experience partnering with business teams on nimble and rapid model development.
- Be able to own and deliver projects/programs both on your own and as a member of a broader team.
- Experience in 2-sided marketplaces for both B2C and B2B customers is a plus.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $139,000 - $188,000*.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.