About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to identify targeted customer bases.
As the world’s leading repository of consumer credit data, Experian is transforming data into solutions that facilitate transactions, ensure financial safety and improve the financial lives of millions of consumers around the world. We have been named by Forbes magazine as one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies" and ranked on Fortune’s Best Companies to work for.
Experian is in search of a Senior Data Engineer to help create and maintain data pipelines for the Integrated Sales & Marketing business unit. The role will be the tasked with extracting data from multiple sources and loading them into our database for reporting and analytics. All of this within the AWS ecosystem. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Data Engineering with an emphasis on Python.
- Set up and develop Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) scripts using AWS infrastructure and Python packages / modules
- Integrate 3rd Party or Internal APIs using file-based data like CSV, JSON, XML, etc.
- Modify and create tables in the database for optimal reporting
- Create and maintain stored procedures within the database as a part of the ETL process
- Organize Python code in libraries and classes for use by others on the team
- Implement new Python technologies and best practices into the ETL process
- Integrate the Python data pipelines with AWS applications
What your background looks like:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience using Python
- Experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure, for example Lambda, S3, Glue, Athena, and RDS
- Intermediate Standard Query Language (SQL) knowledge including creating tables, indexes, and complex queries. The role does not require Database Administrator skills
- Automate processes using Linux shell scripts and cron jobs
- Background using a Git based code repository as we currently use Bitbucket
- Experience with Flask is a plus but not required
- Exposure to using Python as an API is a plus, but not required
- Exceptional time management skills; breaking down complex requests into manageable tasks
- Ability to work independently within the framework of Agile Project Management
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear and succinct manner, either in writing or presentation form
- Consistently documenting processes and report enhancements as they come
- Lifelong learning who reads up on the releases related to Python
- Detail oriented that validations and reconciles data before showing the end user
- Strong problem solver who can research ways to fix an issue
·Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
· Flexible work schedule
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!