Imaging Automation Senior Engineer, Experian Consumer Services (Remote)
Aug 31, 2023
Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine. With a focus on our employees, we have been certified for the third time as Great Place To Work (GPTW). Experian Consumer Information Services is redefining the way our clients do business within all aspects of the customer credit lifecycle. Fueled by best-in-class data and innovative technology we help businesses make smarter decisions, identify consumers, make decisions on loans, market to prospects and collect.
What you’ll be doing
The Senior Imaging Automation Engineer will play a vital role in supporting and automating document handling processes from various sources (online uploads, mail, fax, etc.) for Experian’s MCE (My Customer Experience) division. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of imaging technologies, OCR tuning, automation via AI/ML, and cloud services, particularly with AWS tools. This role requires a candidate that operates at a fast pace, is comfortable with change, is detail-oriented, drives for results, and has a high standard for quality.
- Implement and optimize OCR technologies, with a particular focus on tuning for accuracy and efficiency. Harness the capabilities of AWS Textract, along with other AWS tools, to advance our imaging solutions.
- Integrate AI/ML models into the imaging process to enhance automation and achieve business objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand workflow needs and integrate automation solutions that streamline document handling processes.
- Stay updated with the latest imaging, automation, and AI/ML technologies to ensure the company’s solutions remain cutting edge.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to the implemented solutions, ensuring minimal disruption to business operations.
- Responsible for tuning automation functions within the legacy platform (iLinx) to increase accuracy and customer experience.
- Continual analysis of statistics to recommend the best candidates for continued tuning.
- Review, validate, update, and add rules and training as needed through tuning to achieve the highest automation and lowest error rate possible.
- Collaborate with technology teams, product management, and business stakeholders to identify and improve automation functions.
What your background looks like
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 3+ years of proven experience with imaging/optical character recognition (OCR) technologies and automation.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS Textract and familiarity with a range of AWS tools.
- Hands-on experience with OCR technology, including tuning and optimization.
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines for automated deployments.
- Familiarity with AI/ML concepts and their applications in automation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an innovative mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues’ health and wellbeing are a top priority for us, that’s why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programs are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money, and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it’s your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or preparing for the next big milestone in your life, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
- To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our interactive guide here: https://view.pagetiger.com/experianguideforcandidates/1
- Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
- To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #UniquelyExperian
- Youtube video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvcHqr81TY
- Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
- Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here
- 4 weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
- Fully remote or in-office hybrid model, depending on location
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!