Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics - US Remote
Sep 16, 2023
Costa Mesa, CA, United States
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to identify targeted customer bases.
As the world’s leading repository of consumer credit data, Experian is transforming data into solutions that facilitate transactions, ensure financial safety and improve the financial lives of millions of consumers around the world. We have been named by Forbes magazine as one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies" and ranked on Fortune’s Best Companies to work for.
Are you an experienced Business Intelligence/Data Analytics leader looking for a new challenge? Do you possess a strong blend of technical expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen? This is a unique opportunity to lead and elevate the BI efforts of a $2 billion organization.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to lead a team and apply the power of data and insights to drive business results and go-to-market strategies. You’ll be helping to determine where we go as a company, and then giving presentations around those findings.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive business intelligence strategy. Collaborate with senior leadership to identify key business opportunities and address them through data analysis.
- Lead a team of data engineers, and data scientists, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment. Provide guidance and support to ensure the team delivers high-quality insights and solutions to various stakeholders.
- Drive the creation of advanced analytical models and dashboards that provide actionable insights to sales and marketing functions.
- Evaluate and implement cutting-edge business intelligence tools, technologies, and platforms to enhance data analysis capabilities.
- Ensure the integration of data from diverse sources, both internal and external, for a holistic view of the business landscape.
- Develop and execute a modern cloud-based BI architecture to support the organization’s current and future needs.
- Architect Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) design using AWS infrastructure and Python packages / modules. Integrate the Python data pipelines with AWS applications.
- Implement MVP principles to refine and design solutions in an agile fashion.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to define market opportunities based on insights mined from multiple data sources
- Design and execute market segmentation approaches to guide go-to-market campaign initiatives
- Size opportunities across markets, and segments to inform go-to-market strategies
What your background looks like:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, finance, or related quantitative fields; advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience, experience working with GTM function in B2B a plus, experience working with financial institutions a plus
- 3-5 years of leading teams
- Possess a strong blend of technical expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen
- In-depth understanding of data architecture, data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing
- Advanced skills in data visualizations (Tableau); simple, effective storytelling with data; and creating actionable and meaningful insights from data
- Experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. Lambda, S3, Glue, Athena, and RDS)
- Expert SQL skills. The role does not require Database Administrator skills
- Working knowledge of Linux including basic navigation and cron jobs
- Background using a Git based code repository as we currently use Bitbucket
- Experienced in Python
- Proven leadership skills,
- Strong understanding of business principals, especially related to marketing and sales
- Outstanding project management skills, high attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills, with the ability to translate data insights into actionable business recommendations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills; experience with executive presentations
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM platforms, Eloqua or similar marketing automation platforms and Revenue data is preferred
·Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
· Flexible work schedule
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!