About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been listed as one of the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Reporting directly to the GIA Global Senior Data Analytics Manager, the GIA Data Analytics Hub Manager, plays a key role in enabling GIA Data Analysts and Audit Teams to increase delivery efficiency of Data Analytics Audit testing through the provision of curated data sets and self-serve dashboards.
The GIA Data Analytics Hub Manager is accountable for all GIA Data Hub activities. This includes the planning and delivery of data integrations and dashboard products.
The GIA Data Analytics Hub Manager will consult widely across key GIA stakeholders to identify and prioritise Data Analytics Hub deliveries that will provide greatest value and efficiency to GIA.
The GIA Data Analytics Hub Manager will integrate data from key systems across the Experian estate into the GIA Data Analytics environment and develop scheduled data preparation routines to transform raw data inputs into curated, analytically ready, data sets.
The GIA Data Analytics Hub Manager will plan and oversee delivery for parameter driven Tableau dashboards, to support a wide range of self-serve audit planning and fieldwork activities.
The GIA Data Analytics Hub Manager will provide day to day mentoring and guidance to GIA Senior Data Analysts supporting the Data Analytics Hub.
- Responsible for collaborating closely with colleagues from across Global Internal Audit to plan and deliver data integrations and parameter driven, self-serve dashboards.
- Responsible for collaborating closely with Data Owners to optimise the integration method for each data source.
- Responsible for integrating and operationalising new data sources into the GIA Data Analytics environment from across the Experian estate.
- Responsible for running data input quality checks that ensure completeness and accuracy; raising issues to improve source data quality, as required.
- Responsible for developing scheduled data preparation routines to transform raw data inputs into integrated data into curated data files, ready for data analysis. Curation will typically require time stamping each row of data to ensure record values can be understood for any given point in time.
- Responsible for planning and developing self-serve Tableau dashboards based on integrated data inputs, to deliver efficiency to a broad range of Audit planning and testing use cases.
- Responsible for managing the GIA Tableau Server curation process, ensuring the quality and appropriateness of all dashboards and data published on the GIA Tableau Server.
- Responsible for adhering to GIA data retention guidelines.
- Responsible for clearly documenting data integration processes, and training others, to ensure no single point of failure.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an orgnanised data analytics library for reference across GIA. Including field and value definitions, details of data limitations, etc. Source data systems will not always be well documented, and in these cases, information will need to be gained through consultation, walkthroughs, research, and testing.
- Responsible for transferring knowledge to Data Analysts and wider Internal Audit team in relation to curated data and production dashboards.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of data curation and dashboard functionality, through proactive approach to building deeper knowledge of data sources and relationships.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management, mentoring and development of GIA Data Hub Senior Data Analysts.
- 7-10 years of work experience in Data Analytics, BI or similar roles.
- Proven experience with at least one BI / visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Proven experience with at least one data analytics tool (e.g. Alteryx, SAS, Python)
- Proven experience, of connecting to different database environments, using a wide variety of methods, including API, SQL, and custom application connectors.
- Proven experience of leading analytical deliveries
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Problem solver who proposes innovative solutions
- Collaborative and consultative in approach with colleagues
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise workloads of multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, large data sets and disseminate significant amounts of information with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- Internal Audit or Risk Management experience
- Cloud computing experience (e.g. AWS)
Our benefits include: Medical, life and dental insurance, Asociación Solidarista, International Share Save Plan, Flex Work/Work from home, Paid time off, Annual Performance Bonus, Education Reimbursement, Family Bonding, Bereavement Leave, Referral Program, and more.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!