An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Eurostar as a Data Scientist. You will be based in our offices by Kings Cross.
The Commercial department is responsible for managing sales, operational marketing, pricing and yield, digital activities, as well as customer communication, call centres and optimisation of the "offer/revenue" mix.
As a Data Scientist in our digital team you will be a leader in pushing for data driven decisions within the business. This is a growing area within the Eurostar Group and you will have an influence on the direction and applications we explore. You will have a very strong voice in shaping our data science capabilities. You will lead the evaluation, implementation, and monitoring of various algorithms to deliver improvements to our site experience, marketing efficiency, and site performance.
Working in a close cross-functional team (analysts, data engineers, and various stakeholders) you will be the expert in applying ML techniques to aide various teams across the business (marketing, product, content, revenue management & yield, & operational) to create automated processes and predictions to anticipate customer needs.
You will have various projects to deliver around forecasting, propensity models, churn rates, and clustering with your expertise prioritising the highest value projects. You will also have the freedom to explore generative AI techniques and NLP projects to help scale manual tasks if you have the experience in this space.
Grade E. Travel Level 3, and can be based in London, Paris, and Brussels.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define data science roadmaps and prioritize projects based on strategic objectives
- Analyze large, complex datasets using statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms to extract actionable insights
- Implement ML models into production and ensure their usefulness by tracking outcomes and continuously monitoring efficiency
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, continuous learning, and data-driven decision making within the team
- Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in data science techniques, tools, and technologies, and apply them to enhance our data-driven capabilities
- Implement ML models into production one use case at a time and ensure their usefulness by tracking outcomes and continuously monitoring efficiency
Very strong statistical background for model optimisation and applications to solve business problems
Comfortable engaging with stakeholders at various technical levels
Experience evaluating and improving machine learning models Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills in order to develop relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
Expert with advanced analytics techiques and communicating clear practical business value
Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Familiarity with ecommerce platforms, digital marketing, and customer analytics
Experience with Google Cloud Platform and associated ML technologies a big plus (BQML, Vertex AI, etc)
Python, Git, and Airflow experience also very useful for this role
- Travel benefits for work and play
- A great pension
- Exclusive discounts and perks
If you feel like your skills and experience are relevant for the role, please don't hesitate to apply!
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.