Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human
What’s the role?
The Core Fulfillment group at Etsy creates the most fulfilling fulfillment experience by enabling transparency and trust for our buyers while highlighting the human side of our sellers and their unique items.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Engineering and the base salary range will be 197,000.00 - 257,000.00 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. This role requires your presence in Etsy’s Brooklyn office in an in-person or flex capacity. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
Our goal is to make global fulfillment on Etsy predictable when it comes to delivery speed, network reliability, shipping cost, tracking for digital and custom made items. Our many:many marketplace gives us a unique opportunity to utilize data to optimize buyer and seller experiences and ensure the fulfillment promises we make to buyers meet rigorous standards and expectations.
What does the day-to-day look like?
In this role you will:
- Hire, manage and coach applied scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Lead the vision of building Etsy's next generation fulfillment and delivery experiences, and be responsible for its technical roadmap.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and executives across Etsy to make prioritization decisions that balance business needs with platform objectives.
- Drive technical strategy for the group that meets business and product needs, for example, guiding teams to find the right balance between new model development and infrastructure complexity.
- Advise leadership and executives, evangelizing across the company machine learning and operations research based approaches to improve buyer & seller delivery experiences.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in leading and coaching applied scientists and/or machine learning engineers.
- You have a solid understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning, fulfillment and inventory management
- You have experience in delivering ML into production using publicly available technologies.
- You have experience communicating with non-engineers and executives about deeply technical products.
- You have experience leading an engineering group and track records of attracting high-caliber engineers, and scientists.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (M.S. or PhD preferred).
- Track record of forecasting, inventory management and delivery is a plus.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.