Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our team and support the Data Product Owner. This role will have responsibility for both analysis and design on relevant projects, whilst ensuring traceability of outcome through development, testing, training and business readiness elements of the project lifecycle.
This is great opportunity that offers growth and development prospects.
The day to day:
Conducting deep-dive analysis and fundamental insight to drive business decisions & performance
Extract & present data to the relevant business domain (both technical & non-technical)
Analyse & present reports on multiple data sources
Work collaboratively with product, engineering & data science teams
Proactively seek opportunities in data to accelerate product development
Build, maintain & automate business intelligence dashboards and self-serve capability
Help define the right metrics across different teams and build out tracking frameworks
Prioritise, delivering and reporting projects, trends & requests.
Ensure data quality and integrity. Work with Data Base Administrator's to improve pipelines to be more robust
We would love you to bring!
- A passion for understanding and driving the business with strong data ‘storytelling’ skills to make data and insight actionable
- A deep understanding of data models and analytics. Exposure to predictive modelling and machine learning advantageous
- Strong experience with SQL is essential including writing and troubleshooting queries involving complex joins and functions, ideally some python
- Strong data visualisation skills using tools for presenting results such as Tableau, Superset. Packages like Shiny/Dash a bonus.
- Experience in either developing or being part of a developing analytics function.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, work to tight deadlines and a ‘deliver & iterate’ mentality
- Ability to present technical information in an understandable way
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.