Python Data Scientist - ESG Research
Jan 29, 2024
New Delhi, Delhi, India - Remote
About ESG Book
ESG Book is a global leader in sustainability data and technology. Launched in 2018, ESG Book offers a wide range of ESG-related data, scoring, and technology products that are used by many of the world’s largest financial institutions.
Covering over 100,000 companies, ESG Book’s product offering includes ESG and climate data, company-level and portfolio-level scores, and analytics tools. ESG Book’s SaaS data management and disclosure platform provides access to over 140,000 corporate disclosures, enabling companies to disclose to stakeholders in real time against multiple frameworks.
Diversity and Inclusion
At ESG Book, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. We are committed to building a team with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills, and views.
Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on the solutions we deliver, and help us better serve our clients, employees, and wider community stakeholders.
We are creating a culture of equality by empowering people’s access to equal opportunities. And we are fostering an environment where everyone, from any background, can share their experiences and ideas.
The Research and Product Team
We are responsible for designing, building, and managing ESG Book’s data products and research models. We are looking for a technically competent sustainability and data expert, who likes to work in a collaborative environment to innovate, advance, and contribute to the development of our fast- growing business.
What you will do:
- Developing, testing, deploying and supporting backend systems and services related to ESG rating strategies.
- Ingest, process and analyze different types of ESG, climate and non-financial data
- Provide analyses in a timely manner for decision-making and sales
- Support validation of our up-coming products and services
You have 1+ years of experience working in a technical field.
You have strong computer science and programming fundamentals.
You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms.
You care about quality and details, and you know what it means to ship high-quality code that is easy to maintain and extend.
You have good coding skills in object-oriented Python and are familiar with common libraries for data manipulation and statistics (e.g. numpy, pandas, etc.)
You have excellent excel skills
You can easily work with a range of data stores within the relational SQL world
You have experience with large data sets;
You have a good understanding of (basic) statistics (e.g., regression);
You are interested in corporate sustainability and building innovative tools, scoring models and real-world products;
You feel comfortable on-boarding, analysing, and quality-assuring large amounts of structured and unstructured data from multiple sources.
What To Expect
- Systematic training on ESG analytics as it is applied both in the financial industry and by corporates
- Expect to advance your understanding of sustainable finance, meet thoughtful people across different fields of expertise.
- Expect a work environment that is not based on bureaucracy and formalities, but on integrity, ambition, and the expectation that everyone is delivering to the best of their abilities.
- An entrepreneurial culture where a personal sense of responsibility, independence, and project ownership is highly encouraged.
- 30 days holiday
ESG Book is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, colour, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.