Data Analytics Manager - London
Nov 10, 2023
London, England, United Kingdom
Energy Aspects currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Data Analytics Manager experienced manager to join our highly regarded team, helping build our internal analytics and client-facing products.
Combined with your advanced technical skillset, you will have professional experience in statistics, modeling or data analysis and a desire to work in the energy industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Years of experience – 6+
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable managing global teams
• Value driven and can-do attitude
• Able to balance delivery across a wide range of tasks and projects
• Ability to write clean, well-structured, production-level code with an excellent understanding of best practices and architecture
• Excellent understanding of software development life cycle best practices (dependency management, code reusability, version control, cloud deployment)
• Ability to build efficient queries across complex data models
• Ability to understand and update existing data models
• Ability to design new data models
• Experience with cloud data platforms (GCP / AWS / Azure) (we use GCP)
· Understanding of unstructured data, NoSQL and graph databases
· Experience with web application frameworks would be highly beneficial (we use Flask / Dash
· Use of JIRA or other work management tools
· Energy sector experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
Founded in 2012, we are an independent research consultancy that has enjoyed phenomenal growth since our inception, and we have very ambitious plans to continue our upwards growth trajectory. We are passionately committed to providing indispensable and industry-leading short, medium and long-term analysis, and forecasts of the energy markets, that helps our clients trade, invest, finance and plan.
Energy Aspects prides itself in the quality of its work and draws on a wide range of competencies to derive its views. The company is staffed with experts in upstream production, trading and econometric forecasting. It has always maintained a key focus on the geopolitics of the energy industry and the impacts they can have in shaping global markets. The company has in recent years acquired several firms to enhance its position in energy market consultancy including Medley Global Advisors (2020), OilX (2022) and INAS (2023) bringing additional expertise in macro trends, oil market data and paper positioning into the group. The company is also growing its offering to clients on the energy transition providing the tradeable insights on long-term trends.
Life at Energy Aspects:
With accreditation from Best Companies, we understand the importance of workplace engagement and holding sincere appreciation for our team. Our environment is characterised by its fast-paced, driven, collaborative, and dynamic ethos. Recognising and rewarding contributions that have played a part in our remarkable journey of growth.
Joining Energy Aspects, you become a part of our vibrant and sociable team. Here, you'll have the opportunity to participate in activities, from running and five-a-side football to joining our lunch gatherings and brand-new Chess club. Our in-house bar, the Nodding Donkey, offers a casual setting for Friday afternoon unwinding.
Located in Canary Wharf with convenient access around London, our location offers nearby amenities such as shopping, gyms, dining, and lively bars. We provide daily refreshments, including fruit, hot drinks, snacks, and the expert services of an in-house barista twice a week, along with occasional exotic treats inspired by our global adventures.
Our compensation packages encompass a yearly bonus, participation in a company share options scheme, private health insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension contributions, subsidized gym memberships, and holiday allowance.
Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We offer a hard-working and rewarding environment, operating alongside well-respected market thought leaders as part of a collaborative and tight-knit team. We have attractive remuneration, an excellent benefits package, and a high-performance culture that enables you to undertake challenging and exciting projects. We are an enthusiastic and inclusive global team.