Work smart, have fun and make an impact!
Our purpose is to guide all companies toward a sustainable world. EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology. We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis?
Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people. Feel valued for your contribution.
Learn more about our team and culture on EcoVadis careers page
If you have questions about the company or open roles you can Chat with an insider
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing data platform team. We need a skilled engineer who will help us develop and maintain data architectures and processing solutions that power our data scientists, BI analytics and many other internal data consumers. One major role of the team is to prepare and maintain self-serve data infrastructure, and ensure data availability, security and scalability. Another one is to build and maintain pipelines for integrating internal and third-party data while ensuring high data integrity and quality. The engineer will work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment with plenty of interaction with other teams.
- Plan, build, maintain and manage the data platform components;
- Create, maintain and monitor pipelines for regular data processing while ensuring data reliability, quality and efficiency;
- Maintain data serving layer, manage permissions and automate processes around data catalog;
- Develop integrations with internal and external data sources;
- Support BI and business in efficient data modeling;
- Cross-functional cooperation with data scientists, data engineers, devops, architects, developers, QA and other parties. Collaborate to bring new features and services into production;
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Experience in Databricks - creating notebooks, developing integration code in Python/PySpark, working with delta tables (Delta Lakehouse);
- Expertise with SQL, database design/structures, ETL/ELT design patterns, and DataMart structures (star, snowflake schemas, etc.);
- Experience in Azure storage solution, particularly Azure Data Lake Storage and working with Parquet files and partitions;
- Experience in Azure Data Factory (ADF) - creating pipelines and activities in ADF for full and incremental data loads into Azure Data Lake Store;
- Experience with Azure DevOps / Git;
- Azure Data Engineer certification (DP-203) or Databricks Data Engineer Associate / Professional would be a plus;
- Proficiency in English.
Location: Warsaw / Remote in Poland
Start date: ASAP
Contract: B2B or CoE
Everyone at EcoVadis contributes to a culture of trust, respect and empowerment. Our growing team in Poland is full of talented professionals from various sectors who all share a desire to make an impact. We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth from day one with extensive onboarding, mentoring and a brand new e-learning platform bursting with courses and modules so you can learn new skills and fine-tune old ones.
- Support with all the necessary office and IT equipment
- Optional (fully covered or co-financed) health care and life insurance
- Multisport card and wellness allowance
- Multicafeteria Lunch card
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid/ full remote work
- Remote work from abroad policy
- Internet and Electricity bill allowance
- CSR activities
- Modern, pet-friendly office in the city center (next to Rondo ONZ)
- Community service day when volunteering
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV, in English, with a guaranteed response to every application. A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate? Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes. We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions, and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, including the provision of interview questions, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect. EcoVadis commits to equity, inclusion and reducing bias in our hiring processes. EcoVadis does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique. In your application, we encourage you to remove personal information such as: photographs, marital status, number of children, religion, gender, residential postal code, university graduation date, past medical or parental leave(s) taken, nationality (instead, please state if you are legally eligible to work in the job region/country), university name (instead, please state any degrees obtained and the study major).