About the Tech Team
Technology powers everything we do at Dialectica – from communicating with clients and finding the most relevant expert profiles in just a few minutes to indexing and categorizing thousands of pieces of information every day. To do so, we are building our own proprietary web application that automates and optimizes the delivery of our market leading services.
About the role
Our Technology team designs and engineers complex proprietary software that automates and optimizes the delivery of our market leading services.
Using Agile methodologies, our Data Scientists work tightly integrated with engineering, data,
product and business analysis professionals to develop robust, scalable data science models, tools and insights.
Our team leverages the power of analytics and data-driven insights to drive smart investment and well-informed business decisions.
Indicative responsibilities include:
Use mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
Build and evolve statistical and machine learning models that drive business impact
Lead the data analysis effort to navigate a diverse set of datasets, organize and wrangle large datasets to get actionable insights
Deploy, operationalize and maintain data science solutions
Partner with stakeholders across leadership to improve business outcomes
If you are interested in working at the intersection of artificial intelligence, machine learning, software engineering and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve novel algorithms, models and, ultimately, technology products that our clients love, then we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- MSc / PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a relevant scientific field
- 1-3 years of post-academic data science experience; advanced Python and/or R skills
- Strong skills working with algorithms, computational complexity, statistics and ML/AI techniques
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Transformer models
- Experience with Large Language Models and transfer learning
- Understanding of and experience using advanced analytics concepts (e.g., natural language processing, linear programming etc.)
- Passionate and talented in quickly assimilating business, technology and science ideas
- Experience in working with large datasets (SQL/NoSQL)
Based on our values we are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Aiming to deliver unprecedented value
- Strong sense of caring for their teams, to provide guidance and support
- Act as culture and brand ambassadors for Dialectica
- Seeking support and guidance to achieve mastery and great quality results
- Having ownership of their responsibilities and not being afraid of getting things done
- Turning problems into opportunities
- Being open and honest with their team and themselves
- Constantly improving through self-learning and knowledge sharing
Fluency in English is a must
- Competitive base salary with additional performance incentives
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Learning and development opportunities (e.g. onboarding, Mini-MBA, on-the-job training, Udemy courses and many others!)
- Hybrid work model & extra personal/flex days and paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause
- Company sponsored team-bonding events
- Weekly health & wellness activities (e.g. basketball, football, yoga, running), gym discounts, healthy breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Entrepreneurial culture and amazing coworkers!
Dialectica is an information services company that shapes better decision-making worldwide. We partner with the world’s leading investment and consulting companies, enabling them to collect real-time information and market insights from industry experts across markets, industries, and regions.
Guided by our mission to achieve unparalleled customer recognition, we are building the most trusted and innovative knowledge-sharing platform in the world. Every day we work on our aspiration to be a truly industry-leading organization by attracting and cultivating ambitious talent based in Athens, London, New York, Montreal and Vancouver. We plan to have a strong presence across the world with more than 1,200 team members in the coming five years.
Dialectica has been recognized as one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies for 2022 and 2021 by the Financial Times as well as the 9th Best Workplace in the region. It is also named a Best Workplace and a top employer in Greece in 2022, 2021 and 2020 by the Great Place to Work Institute